M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my last ride I was stuck in traffic on the bike for the first time where it took more than 45 minutes to get out of traffic. Basically it was a parking lot more or less because a 5 lane road was closed so that only the service lane could pass through.

The whole time the bike was idling and I could tell that the engine was getting warm and feel it on my legs, and saw the heat waves coming from under the bike. However it never dislayed the temp light and the motor never bogged down or gave any indication that it was overheating, and the fan was coming on and cooling it down from what I can tell.

My question is (besides that holding the clutch in for 45 minutes made my hand sore as hell) has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal for the 1500cc to run hot?

--Daniel

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That's normal for any bike...as long as your fan is kicking in you're not going to have any problems. Same thing happens with a car, but you're not going to feel the heat coming off the engine unless you get out and sit on the hood :joke:

·
Registered
788 Posts
That's normal for any bike...as long as your fan is kicking in you're not going to have any problems. Same thing happens with a car, but you're not going to feel the heat coming off the engine unless you get out and sit on the hood :joke:
:agree:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
x2:agree:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.