M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my C out of the garage today and it didn´t run correctly, idle sounded like a bit low and when I gave some gas it sputtered a lot.

I haven´t rode it in about 3 weeks and when I last rode it, it worked well...
In those past weeks I have startet it few times when I have had to took it out and in. (maybe the plugs are fouled?)

Sputtering happens in about 1/5 throttle and about 3000rpm.
What should I check first, plugs?
Only mods in engine is Gmans FI controller, pair valves blocked and SET is taken out with the trick cam....
And finally there is no FI light and no fault codes.

Please help me!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved, I changed new plugs and now engine is running perfect!
The old ones were all black.
From now on I let the engine warm up completely before suht it down.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
sounds ;like you running a little rich!

Problem solved, I changed new plugs and now engine is running perfect!
The old ones were all black.
From now on I let the engine warm up completely before suht it down.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I moved my C out of the garage today and it didn´t run correctly, idle sounded like a bit low and when I gave some gas it sputtered a lot.

I haven´t rode it in about 3 weeks and when I last rode it, it worked well...
In those past weeks I have startet it few times when I have had to took it out and in. (maybe the plugs are fouled?)
Sounds like your idling it several times may have carboned up the plugs. Being it was always on the cold temp cycle it makes sense. Next time you start the bike go for a ride and get it to real running temps not just idling. Only way to clean up the plugs.

Also check the Bully to make sure you are not runnign the green mode rich. Should be set between 1.5-3.5 depending on intakes an pipes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too many cold starts and never got on the road to clean up those choke fumes, this is what happens!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts