M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I may have a problem, sometimes when I start the engine it runs a few seconds and then dies. It also seems to be missing every once in while in the lower rpm range, and my gas mileage is only 34 mpg. Only mod on the engine have been cobra dragsters. Suggestions would be welcome. I will probably take it to the dealer but don't have a lot of faith in them fixing things.
Also the bike only has about 300 miles on it so would that have an affect? Ive been riding a 4 banger for the last 10 years so am not used to the quirky things you get with 2 cylinders.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you just put pipes on you are running very lean. You need a power commander. etc. to dial in your fuel settings. You will get all your current symptoms running lean.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'd also check my grounds and electrical connections, particularly on the battery. A loose ground and a little vibration is another likely culprit.
It's probably too nearly to worry about gas mileage yet. Just keep checking as you go and I think it will show you some fair improvement.
Jer

·
Registered
401 Posts
I remember someone having a fuel pump go out on them and if I remember correctly the symptoms were similar ???

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
Pull the plugs take a look.its easy to do :bigthumbsup:
Again, short and to the point.... :bigthumbsup: But for those of us not as adept at engines as you, can you be a bit more specific as to what we're looking for? What color should the tips be, etc.?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
How long has the bike sat? perhaps you have some bad gas.
Remove the tank, empty it and then replace and refill.

Sledzep

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HEy guys, don't know how this got pulled back up, that was right after I got it (Sept.). Now have intake mod, exhaust mod, pclll and remapped, runs fine. When I get it back together, polishing wheels, doing lowering bones,casterating the back turn signal/license plate assembly, maybe a little paint and refitting a JR exhaust (thanks to JR and Perry), I'm hopeing it will run great. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts