M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE NOISE THAT THE 109ENGINE MAKES,I'M USING 20/50 AMSOIL WHICH THE BIKE SEEMS TO LIKE, BUT IT STILL SEEMS LOUD TO ME ,I HAVEN'T DONE THE VALVES YET AND SHE'S GOT ABOUT 14G'S ON IT NOW..

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The nature of the beast. 109's have loud clutches plain and simple....not quite as loud as a Ducati, but loud nontheless. Most likely it's nothing.

:welcome: to the forum. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
It is not a quite engine like the Goldwing. If you are still concerned about it, I would get together with a local rider and compare them side by side.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL

I noticed after installing the K^N's I sure hear the injectors a lot now!
My 9 is supposed to make noise? :doorag:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to hear all kinds of "strange" noises from the beast. The bike is a new '08 and having never ridden or even listened to one, I did not know what was normal for this bike. I had it in the shop for low idle, coughing in the air cleaners and dieing, after start. It started and ran fine when I got it, some 1200 miles ago, but these things slowly crept in and got my notice. The tech found "air leaks" and tightened everything up, adjusted the clutch cable and throttle bodies, under warranty no less. On the hour drive home, I noticed the "strange" noises had disappeared !! :dontknow: Maybe some thing(s) were loose and just needed to be torqued down?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I dont buy too much brandnew

I like a year or two of someone else working the bugs out LOL Not to mention the 30-40% lose first year on value!!
I used to hear all kinds of "strange" noises from the beast. The bike is a new '08 and having never ridden or even listened to one, I did not know what was normal for this bike. I had it in the shop for low idle, coughing in the air cleaners and dieing, after start. It started and ran fine when I got it, some 1200 miles ago, but these things slowly crept in and got my notice. The tech found "air leaks" and tightened everything up, adjusted the clutch cable and throttle bodies, under warranty no less. On the hour drive home, I noticed the "strange" noises had disappeared !! :dontknow: Maybe some thing(s) were loose and just needed to be torqued down?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
sportbikes are like sportscars and v-twin crusers are like clunky heavy trucks its is simple as that. dont get me wrong i love my r2 but it cant be compaired to a sportbike like a gixr 1000 or a Yamaha r1 as far a smooth quiet vibration free ride.:doorag::doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts