M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Think I screwed up when i installed my actuator, the engine heats up & shuts down after a 15 - 20 min. ride, all liquids are OK, anybody have an idea on what the heck is going on:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I wouls say that is exactly what happened. Did you get the cables swapped? That would put the butterfly operating in opposite direction. Should be able to hear that in the exhaust when running. Is there an FI light coming on? You could check the manual as far as cable placement on the actuator. Oh, are the cables adjusted properly---again, the manual helps there also. Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cables from the actuator to the exhaust damper aren't swapped
but I didn't adjust the slack (1/8 inch Max.)
& yes my F1 light still lights up
the only weird thing is that i'm hearing a repeaded clickering noise
comming from the exhaust damper when i start up the bike.

guess i'll have to buy the M109R tech. pub or .. bring it to the dealer ?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
You talking about the SET valve? Whay have you done, installed an after-market exhaust and mounted the SET on a bracket?

In any event, if the SET is in the stock exhaust, just use some safety-wire and wire it in the full-open position. Then pull the #7 pin out of the ECU so the computer forgets about the stupid thing.

I have an after-market exhaust, but could never stand the constant squeaking of that stupid SET valve.

Here is a link on how to dis-connect that #7 pin.

In reality, I did not do all of that, I simply removed the sidecover, pulled the plug off the ECU, used a pair of needle-nose pliers and gently pulled the pin out of the connector. Put a spot of heat shrink tube on the dangling pin, and left it to dangle. Measured the Angle-Of-The-Dangle, just to be safe!:D

Bike runs better without the SET valve, IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts