M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just submitted the needed changes to the engine guard set (990A0-75047) to Suzuki America.

I requested that the 8mmx60mm bolt be shortened to a 50mm length and that the left lower spacer be drilled to a size that will accommodate the 10mm bolt that has to pass through it. It's about 1/2mm too small.

Tracy

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine didn't

Mine fit fine with no problems.
The 60 MM bolt will run into the radiator hose. As others have posted, it must be cut off.

The spacer that came with mine was too small for the 10mm bolt. Had to ream it out in the lathe to fit.

I suppose the spacer could have been a fluke but the bolt length issue has been stated in the forum numerous times.

Tracy

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Some have been fine and other have not. I just think there are getting some wrong stuff from there vendors being a wrong batch altogether or some wrong pieces mixed in.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe.

Some have been fine and other have not. I just think there are getting some wrong stuff from there vendors being a wrong batch altogether or some wrong pieces mixed in.
The bolt length spec is on the instruction sheet so I think that was just a mess up from the beginning. The spacer I could agree might be a spotty issue.

I did get a response back that he was turning it over to the acc dept.

Tracy

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Oh, some one will read it and according to company policy file it in the trash. Thats why they pay those high dollar engineers. :doorag:
LOL that's most likely where it will end up.:cus:

·
Registered
497 Posts
had to drill my spacer also but the bolt looked good

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Thanks to this site and other members who have installed
these before me ,
I knew before doing the job exactly what to do :

1- not to perforate my prestone hose .
2- to make bolt go through easily
3- put spacer in right place to get symetrical look both sides .
I never say this enough : THANK YOU GUYS !!!
every possible mod is well documented in here
free experience available , I'm trying to give back
everychance I get .:D .

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bosox and I put a set on his 9,everything was fine.Went to put a set on my 9 and had to drill the spacer out.I did not think the bolt was a problem,did not see it touching anything but will take a second look now.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Radiator hose

Bosox and I put a set on his 9,everything was fine.Went to put a set on my 9 and had to drill the spacer out.I did not think the bolt was a problem,did not see it touching anything but will take a second look now.
If it had the 60mm bolt in the upper left mount, the bolt might poke into the radiator hose. it might not be by much, but with time it could wear through.

Tracy

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I just submitted the needed changes to the engine guard set (990A0-75047) to Suzuki America.

I requested that the 8mmx60mm bolt be shortened to a 50mm length and that the left lower spacer be drilled to a size that will accommodate the 10mm bolt that has to pass through it. It's about 1/2mm too small.

Tracy
:agree:I had the exact same problem with mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts