M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey after my little incident Sep 17,2010 I started thinking on installing engine guards on my bike, the question is: Do they help really on a bike that size, what kind is better or offer better protection. If possible show what u got.:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
The OEM Suzuki guards fit and look great. And they do help protect some expensive parts if you do crash. They are on in my sig pics.

I'd add some bungee buttons to the rear fender levers to help protect them too.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
The OEM Suzuki guards fit and look great. And they do help protect some expensive parts if you do crash. They are on in my sig pics.

I'd add some bungee buttons to the rear fender levers to help protect them too.
:agree::agree: They have saved a lot of peoples tanks and other covers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure could had used them last week,:edit: had to send tank out for repair and paint

·
Registered
211 Posts
I looked over all the different ones before i bought mine and I liked the OEM ones the best. Here is a pic theres more in my album.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Same ones I got coming tomorrow. :edit:, now I gotta take the bike apart again! :-\ Oh well :dontknow: :D.
David b and I did mine in 45 mins. Well he did it and I handed him tools and held the lite:D excellent mod and well worth it

·
Registered
960 Posts

NOTHING looks or functions better than OEM Suzuki for this application / part. I dropped my bike about a year ago and there was NO obvious damage except one mirror got scratched up real bad. This is a MUST mod, in my opinion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
David b and I did mine in 45 mins. Well he did it and I handed him tools and held the lite:D excellent mod and well worth it
Took me about an hour to do it by myself. I didn't follow instructions very well so that made it take a little longer. Use the floor jack while installing.

·
Registered
31 Posts

NOTHING looks or functions better than OEM Suzuki for this application / part. I dropped my bike about a year ago and there was NO obvious damage except one mirror got scratched up real bad. This is a MUST mod, in my opinion.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well we all agree OEM ones it will be then Thx a bunch guys:bigthumbsup: anyones has selling a pair of used ones??????????????

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:agree: I have them on my bike Tuta. I blacked them out so you might not of noticed them on our ride. But yes they work, yes there worth having, easy to install, don't take away from the bikes looks...etc.
Did u paint or powder coated?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Powdercoated them. It's very cheap and it's a real durable paint.

Performance coatings in Jonesboro, GA did mine. Not sure if you have a closer place up where your at.
Thx for the info GaRoller and all u guys for suggestions Im already web searching to find some.:a18:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I went with the Hepco & becker bars for the 9 This is not my bike but the same bars

Better tank and bar protection

1 - 20 of 44 Posts