M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bike running before going for a ride, and decided to remove one of the light bar lamps so I can stop at the auto parts store for a replacement as I noticed it went out. While I'm removing the lamp from the plug behind the glass, the engine just stopped and the other lightbar light went out...but the headlight and orange running lights stayed on. I'm attaching a pic fyi. WTF is going on?!? I hadn't actually unplugged that lightbar lamp yet, just tugged on it a bit. Anyway, how on earth does that shut down the whole bike where it won't even turn over now? I'm stuck - I can't start it at all, but when I turn on the ignition, the gauge moves and gets power as well as the headlight, but no cranking at all.
Could this be a fuse? If so, where would I find that to check it out?

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,741 Posts
I had my bike running before going for a ride, and decided to remove one of the light bar lamps so I can stop at the auto parts store for a replacement as I noticed it went out. While I'm removing the lamp from the plug behind the glass, the engine just stopped and the other lightbar light went out...but the headlight and orange running lights stayed on. I'm attaching a pic fyi. WTF is going on?!? I hadn't actually unplugged that lightbar lamp yet, just tugged on it a bit. Anyway, how on earth does that shut down the whole bike where it won't even turn over now? I'm stuck - I can't start it at all, but when I turn on the ignition, the gauge moves and gets power as well as the headlight, but no cranking at all.
Could this be a fuse? If so, where would I find that to check it out?
Maybe this will help...:
VLR1800K8 Service Manual.pdf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a fuse, I found where they are from an older post and swapped it out. I suspect the rubber boot over the positive battery terminal may have touched the bottom of the seat or something to cause a short...I think the messing around with the light bulb was just coincidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts