M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay i figured I would start a new thread here to in the C folder to keep it from getting buried in the M Shop Talk folder and make sure the C owners would see it & have a chance at some suggestions & questions

AS was mentioned in a previous thread I am gonna be working on getting the Edelbrock 1002 air filter mounted up on the C and its gonna take a bit more thought and work then what it appears to me it takes to get them on the M9's

I popped the throttle side airbox off the bike today and just to get some comparisons on size and see what initial thoughts popped into my head for getting this to work. after today this project is gonna slide to the side of workbench and I'll get back to it, I need to pop the tank and install my non stock fuel filter set-up and move some ground wires on the bike & give myslef some thinking time on the Edelbrock Project.

one of these days I'll remember how to embed the attachments into the post ???

-------------
one thing i forgot to mention is i dont wanna bolt the mesh screen to the airbox or backing plate ,because i dont wanna put any holes in the foam since i wont be running any extra filtration behind it

·
Registered
642 Posts
i went out and got some dimensions when i saw your post as was interested and found same thing and was thinking i would take whole air box out , and get some pipe with bend cut at a angle to fit adapted filter and add suport brackets , crome or paint .
just my thoughts :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went out and got some dimensions when i saw your post as was interested and found same thing and was thinking i would take whole air box out , and get some pipe with bend cut at a angle to fit adapted filter and add suport brackets , crome or paint .
just my thoughts :bigthumbsup:
The thought of eliminating the airbox has crossed my mind and might be the cleanest way to go since it won't run the risk of a mis-cut with the rotobit on the stock airbox.

I will have to discuss it with the person who would enjd up doing the custom fiberglass wor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts