M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am kind of restoring my M1800R (european version) to it's original configuration by removing a malfunctioning PowerCommander and reinstalling the stock exhaust instead of a V&H big shot system.

Problem is I'm getting an "FI" indication when the engine is running. I have not reattached the SET acuator, but the brown wire is disconnected from the ECU so that should not be a problem. I have noticed that two more wires seems to be disconnected from the other ECU connector, could this be done to disable the O2 sensors, since the V&H was used without sensors?

Since I am reconnecting the O2 sensors on the original system I'm thinking that maybe I need to reconnect the two wires to the ECU, but I need help with which one goes where, does anybody know of some kind of wiring diagram for the ECU connectors?

I have checked the error codes using a piece of wire in the white conector at the ECU and it says -C00, which does not provide much info. I have tried to disconnect the battery over night but the problem remains.

Am I missing something obvious here, has anyone else had any success removing a PCIII from their bikes?

All help is much appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
Swedish, ask down on the Australian board as they deal with the 02 sensors all the time. There's a wiring diagram in the back of the service manual that shows the O2 sensors and their routing back to the ECM, but it doesn't give the pin locations on the ECM. I tried tracing them but couldn't come up with anything that would be helpful.

All you should have to do to remove the PC3 is to remove it. Remove the connectors on the injectors and put the standard connectors back on, remove the wire from the TPS (make sure that wire is still good, sometimes the crimp on connectors can cut it), and remove the power wiring. I suspect you're correct on the O2 sensors giving you problems.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi all.

I am kind of restoring my M1800R (european version) to it's original configuration by removing a malfunctioning PowerCommander and reinstalling the stock exhaust instead of a V&H big shot system.

Problem is I'm getting an "FI" indication when the engine is running. I have not reattached the SET acuator, but the brown wire is disconnected from the ECU so that should not be a problem. I have noticed that two more wires seems to be disconnected from the other ECU connector, could this be done to disable the O2 sensors, since the V&H was used without sensors?

Since I am reconnecting the O2 sensors on the original system I'm thinking that maybe I need to reconnect the two wires to the ECU, but I need help with which one goes where, does anybody know of some kind of wiring diagram for the ECU connectors?

I have checked the error codes using a piece of wire in the white conector at the ECU and it says -C00, which does not provide much info. I have tried to disconnect the battery over night but the problem remains.

Am I missing something obvious here, has anyone else had any success removing a PCIII from their bikes?

All help is much appreciated, thanks in advance
G'day Sweed,
Mate i am trying to follow you best i can.
When i disconnected my 02s all i done was unplugged the 1 wire from the ecu and unplugged the two sensors, i can have a look at my ecu and see if there is any other wires hanging out of the ecu in case they come from the factory that way.
If you plug the 2 02 in, one plug is by the over flow bottle for the front 02, and the other plug is under the fuel tank on top of the rear cylinder, and plug in the wire to the ecu then that should solve the FI light for the exhaust.
hope this helps! if you need more help pm me.

Cheers Bigeh..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The error code turned out not to be related to the O2 sensors, it was a hose to an air pressure sensor that was loose causing the error code (C17). Thanks anyway for your time and help.

A note on the error codes also: When doing the code readout (suzuki special tool method..), it showed C00 with the engine off and C17 with the engine running, which made me nearly miss the air pressure problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts