M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i bought my ecaddy and received it today. Pretty simple assembly until I tried to put it on the bike. I want it dead center on the handlebar. I noticed that in order to mount this thing, I am going to have to remove the handlebars. The tach is mounts are in the way and there is no room to take them off. Anyone have a suggestion or know of a way that doesnt require the handle bars to come off. But if they do which i am thinking, what is the best way to take them off and make sure they will be put back on the exact same spot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
when i took off my handle bars i took blue tape and wrapped the bars near the risers and put tape on the risers... the i marked lines on the tape on the risers and the bars. worked awesome got them centered and level. Blue tape= no scratches

While you do this i moved by brake lines to the outside of the risers.. much more visually appealing

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can u post a pic of what you mean and what it look slike?

I was going to do that same thing with the painters tape just was hoping there was an easier way

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was able to put mine on without removing the handlebars it just takes a little patience.
Oh wait I have the 2" risers so that may be why I was able to do it.

JJ

·
Registered
142 Posts
here is the marking.. i used a few more markings but i did this pic as a reference for u..

here is the cables moved.. u will pick up why i had to remove the handle bars with this pic :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Ahhhh, there is a punch mark on the bars for lining them back up properly,,, it's on the left side. It "should" be just inside of the left riser where the riser cap bolts to the riser itself. You line the dot up with the seam.

:doh:

:D

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
T-Bone©®™;1250609 said:
Ahhhh, there is a punch mark on the bars for lining them back up properly,,, it's on the left side. It "should" be just inside of the left riser where the riser cap bolts to the riser itself. You line the dot up with the seam.

Cool, never knew that. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
142 Posts

hmm guess i didnt see that... :redfaced:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts