M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from a Honda 750 Shadow "Aero" to the 109. When I picked up my 109 I was intimidated by it. I've had it for less than two weeks and put on close to 400 miles. I'm finding out that it is actually easier to ride than the Shadow. It corners better, it's better on my gravel drive, slow speed maneuvers are much easier, and turns from a stop are a breeze compared to the Shadow. It may be a big bad bike, but it's actually easy to ride.

Does anyone agree?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I most definately agree, I just gave up a vmax, and that was work to ride, this 109 is smooth as butta... well cept for the shifting.... hehe cant wait to go full synthetic and hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I agree. I had a Volusia, and I thought it was smooth. This one is smoother and easier.
Just a little harder to back it up a small grade sometimes... A little heavier than the Volusia

·
Registered
422 Posts
I didn't find mine too easy to ride yesterday.
What was meant to be a short gravel road ride turned into a 10 mile round trip on ball bearing gravel and soft sand to get to a friends new farm property.
I thought if I drop this now it's too slippery to pick it up.
We were relieved to get back to sealed road. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had to traverse a dirt/gravel road in the mountains for about a mile this weekend, too. Had the missus on with me. It wasn't too bad. Went to a place called the Bucksnort Inn for a greasy burger and cold beer. There was a guy there with an orange VROD. He watched us pull up, went inside and sat down and wouldn't look my way the rest of the night. Still not sure how to take that. :confused: The bad part of riding in that dirt was all of the dust covering the rear fender and rear wheel when I got home. There was also a cute little dust outline of the girlfriend's derrier on the back of the pillion seat. :2cool:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I Love this bike! For the size and weight and wide back tire, this thing handles like a dream! Gotta love it!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts