M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the clamp in my bike was leaking fluid also
just a little bit.

And I have read about it on here several times and mostly everyone said it was a pain.
It was actually really easy, YOU JUST NEED THE RIGHT TOOLS!!!

I used this 6 mm little wrench and reached it from the side with only removing the one electronic connection.
I got a small wrench set for $20 from 5 mm to 11 mm and that was it.
You can only turn a little bit at a time but it sure is easier than taking every thing off.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's the clamp on the other end of that hose that's a b!tch to get to :verymad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually Trouble

where did you get those sattle bags?

I need some in the next week for a trip from Washington to California in September.

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Moegilly said:
Actually Trouble

where did you get those sattle bags?

I need some in the next week for a trip from Washington to California in September.

thank you in advance.
I picked them up at a local bike performance shop. They are Tourmaster Slant Large bags. $89.99 I've seen a few posts from others who have picked up a set and I haven't heard any bad reviews of them. I couldn't get them to mount under the pillion seat and still be able to use the quick-detach zipper. They were too close to the exhaust pipe for me. So, we just throw them over the seat, strap them to the passenger peg mounts and put a piece of sheepskin over the yoke. The missus says she can't tell that she's sitting on the yoke with the sheepskin over it. When we get to where we're going to stay the night, two quick pulls on the Velcro straps and they're off the bike and in the hotel room :bigthumbsup:

I think I'm gonna try an air-ride suspension. I like the versatility it seems to provide. I/we spend so much time on my M in the mountains that I would hate to lower it permanently and have to putt around up there through the corners like a bus full of tourists :confused:

I didn't mean to sound so blunt in the post about the hose clamp :redfaced: It's just that I spent close to an hour trying to tighten the one on the left side of the bike without taking the airbox off. I finally went to a tool store and bought an offset boxed-end 6mm wrench. I was able to get a couple good bites on it but not near what I set out to do :verymad:

I hope you have a great trip 8) I'm planning to ride from Denver to central California next spring to visit the folks and spend some time at the old stomping (riding) grounds... the Sierra-Nevada mountains (Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks) :doorag:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey trouble

thanks for the help with the sattlebags and no worries about the clamp
after you mentioned it I looked and holy #$#@ now I know what your talking about.

Mine seamed to be leaking around the easier one to get at or notice. but I will have to check it out tomorrow for sure.

Sounds like you going to have a good ride with all the elevations! awesome!

Have a good one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts