M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed this this afternoon (Blue arrow). I grew tired of the faster flash rate of the LEDs and was going to have the tools out to change the front signals anyway.

It's a Kuryakyn KUR-4810 Load Equalizer (from DLP). You only need one equalizer to do both front signal lights. Splice a purple wire to each hot signal wire (Red arrows) and ground the black wire. I grounded it by roughing up a section of a support bar and clamping it down with a real small hose clamp (Green arrow - I clamped it after taking the picture).

Here are two videos showing the "before" and "after" flash rates:

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j...n=view&current=Frontsignalbeforeequalizer.flv

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j...on=view&current=Frontsignalafterequalizer.flv

Here are the new lights. They are much brighter than they look in the pic. This was the best shot out of 5 shots that I took while the lights were blinking :confused:

·
Registered
317 Posts
custom dynamics has a replacement flasher that works better then the resistors do. its a nice clean installation and it doesn't get hot

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
hope they make a special one for the 109 since it has the sidestand switch relay built into it! :eek: if it had a normal type relay it would work, heck you can get the electronic(non mechanical) flashers at autozone for about $15 but it will only work if you have a standard flasher layout. i have tried the load equalizers on other bikes and they did not always work so you got lucky.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i already put one on a 109. just pull the two flasher pins out of the connector and then connect them to the flasher. if you can find the other half of the connector that comes with the flasher, the pins you remove from the bikes connector will fit into the new connector, then the flasher can be mounted to an existing bolt thats close by (can't remember wich one at the moment) and the whole deal is really nice. one flasher takes care of front and rear signals.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
so I guess separating the turn signal flasher part from the sidestand relay? That's cool, most times they tie something together a certain way and it won't let one or the other work properly. I had a Honda that had an oddball flasher on it and never could get an aftermarket flasher to work on it. the electronic ones from Autozone worked good on my Kawasaki that has standard flasher pin layout and cheap at $15. you would think the manufacturers would think ahead and do that for us, it's just a small cost and then the circuit does not rely on load for flashing speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts