M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow 109'r,

I couldn't stand the stock large front turn signals, so I got some Kuryakyn small silver bullets #2361. It took me about 1.5 hours to do the swap, but I've been planning this for a few days and made sure I have everything that I needed. I put them in the chrome factory housings without removing the housings. I work in a sheet metal mfg company, so my first goal was the big hole after removing the stockers. I laser cut some .060 thick stainless steel washer on each end of the big hole. The stainless that I used has a #8 mirror finish, so no hunting for the right size chrome washers. The size is 1.00 diameter OD and .390 ID. I just cut the wires next to the bulb to get the longest working lenght of wiring otherwise I would have to remove the housings. Next I cut off .500 from each of the supplied bolts, I ran the new wiring thru the housing so that the bolt would have a glide to travel to get thru the housing, screwed the blinker on, soldered the wires and put the load equalizer behind the headlight, made sure everything worked before heating the srink tubing over the soldered joints. I though that it was a lot more work, reading the other threads, but it's not that bad if you do your homework first. Well, here the finished results

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know ;) I also copied by getting a black 109 J/K

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has or can anyone post install pics on these?!?!?!

I want to do this, but could really use some install pics to help through the process.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How did you remove the signals without taking off the bracket? Did you just cut it apart? Also, did you need any special stems for the install or does everything come with the Kuryakyns?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The smaller Kuryakan bullet lights installation looks very professional, when it looks "design wise" that it was meant to be, you have succeeded. Good on you. How effective are they compared to the stockies.
Safety by all accounts is paramount. Are they as visible as those big hunken orange flashers?
I would like to do the same but by the sounds of it, I have to set a whole weekend aside for that operation.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Hey, I was looking at your install of your front turn signals of the silver bullet LED's. You've done an awesome job. I have only 2 questions for you. Do yor signals stay on when your bike is on like the stock ones did and if they do can I buy the materials washer bolts all the necessary stuff to install the lights? Thnx Black Diamond

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only hardware that you will need is 4 washers, everything else comes with the lights. You gotta saw off about 1/2 inch from the bolts supplied with the light kit. You can wire the lights like the stock setup (running lights) or just use them as turn lights. You can get the lights from DLP. The closet washer that I found can be bought from http://www.mcmaster.com/ , part number 93960A170 (Nickel-Chrome Plated Steel Flat Washer 7/16" Screw Sz, 15/32" Id, 59/64" Od, 1/16" Thk
In stock at $0.78 Each). The managment here at work doesn't like employees doing their g-jobs here (because it stops the production work), I sneek in my g-jobs and don't want to risk this privledge (hope you can understand my position) that's why I gave you a link and part number. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well,a long time ago,I posted the how to pics for this install and actually had few guys called me and I explained the parts and install.You can still get in my pics on photobucket under cruzguy and see detailed pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts