M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a E3 250 put on 2 weeks ago. After riding the bike hard last nite came home with 2 grooves cut from the bolts in the fenderwell. I do have Arnott air suspension and had it lowered about 2 1/2". I am going to have the studs shaved off. Anybody have a similar problem? Diameter of the 250 must be larger as I didnot have this problem with the 240.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Just had a E3 250 put on 2 weeks ago. After riding the bike hard last nite came home with 2 grooves cut from the bolts in the fenderwell. I do have Arnott air suspension and had it lowered about 2 1/2". I am going to have the studs shaved off. Anybody have a similar problem? Diameter of the 250 must be larger as I didnot have this problem with the 240.
this is a very common problem when you lower the 9 one you have to grind down these bolts. and if you are running a air ride you probly should put your stock bones back in so if you have a air ride problem and it drops you will still be able to ride it home and welcome to the fourm Bro!!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Yup! any lowering and going to a wider tire will require the rear two bolts to be shaved flush or it will groove the tires. :welcome: to the forum and do a search before you mod to find out previous problems members have run into. PS ......I did it to on my first 250....and ran it till it was worn out. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
yep you need to shave them down. You just found out the hard way! good luck!
:agree: Plus it is more of the bikes problem, the tire was just the side effect. Did you have the air ride slammed when it happened?

:welcome: to the forum also.

Check out the two links in my signature. Hope you can make the meet in less then 10 days.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Groovy too!

Yeah I had grooves in mine too. Shaved the bolts flush with the nuts. The tire is half gone now, so I can't see the grooves anymore. It didn't seem to hurt the tire life.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I lower my bike 2inches and ran a 260 and i have no problem.
Just lowering them isn't the issue, it's when you lower them and they bottom out that the grooves appear. If you never bottom out you can lower them 3" and never have a problem.

:welcome: to the OP. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice and welcome. I have stock dog bones. The air ride was lowered 2 1/2". I am surprised my mechanic didnot recommend shaving the bolts when air ride was installed. Tire was installed by Suzuki dealer without mention of clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts