M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow: I have JSD3M, FI2000R set at 2,4,3 and cobra dragtsers and dyno'd a unenthusiatic 97HP at the rear wheel. Guy on a stock vrod went right before and pulled 109 & 110 HP respectively. Sorry I let you down guys. The bike feels way stronger and it sounded like thunder.

It was in 4th and I just want more power. I saw other guys pulling 117 plus, I'm almost 20HP off. I'm thinking its the pipes, good for noise, not for power.

Help. Desperately seeking HP.
:( :edit:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't think anyone said dragsters were good for power.. quite the contrary I would think. Perhaps you should think about opening up the front end a bit, dumping that junky FI2000 and replacing it with a PCIII and get it custom mapped to your setup. That should help out a bit. I think with that setup Lamont or Hal was pulling 122 RWHP and like 115 ft/lbs at the wheel. Just do a search, pretty sure it was Lamont and he usually posts his bike setup with his dyno charts.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think maybe it is the Fi2000. I have a powercommander on its way and I think the maps you can dial in will get you more power and accuracy thaan the Fi2000. I think Cobra makes great products, but it is impossible to dial the bike in with the unit you have now, I have one and it never seems to be dialed in right. I have heard so many conflicting settings for the unit that it is hard to know. When I get mine all set up I will dyno and post the results. Be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, thanks for the input thus far. It has been an expensive lesson. PCIII's don't come cheap. I will try to look up Lamont's posts to see what I can do. I've invested so much already, I would hate to give up if there's something I could do.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Something definitely doesn't seem right. Lamont posted his stock numbers back in April after he bought his 109, and they were better than that.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

I haven't had mine dynoed yet, but I can feel that it has much more HP and torque than stock. I have the stock pipes with the trunk cold air induction, JSD 3-M, and FI2000 set at 2,4,3.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had my bike dynoed completely stock and it pulled 115 HP and 120 lb/ft of torque. With the air cleaners off, it posted about 120-122 HP and 125 lb/ft of torque.

G

·
No_Limit_109R said:
:dontknow: I have JSD3M, FI2000R set at 2,4,3 and cobra dragtsers and dyno'd a unenthusiatic 97HP at the rear wheel.  Guy on a stock vrod went right before and pulled 109 & 110 HP respectively. Sorry I let you down guys. The bike feels way stronger and it sounded like thunder. Â

It was in 4th and I just want more power. I saw other guys pulling 117 plus, I'm almost 20HP off.  I'm thinking its the pipes, good for noise, not for power. Â

Help. Desperately seeking HP.
Are you running stock air intake?

G

·
No_Limit_109R said:
:dontknow: I have JSD3M, FI2000R set at 2,4,3 and cobra dragtsers and dyno'd a unenthusiatic 97HP at the rear wheel.  Guy on a stock vrod went right before and pulled 109 & 110 HP respectively. Sorry I let you down guys. The bike feels way stronger and it sounded like thunder. Â

It was in 4th and I just want more power. I saw other guys pulling 117 plus, I'm almost 20HP off.  I'm thinking its the pipes, good for noise, not for power. Â

+ you do have the Burple one. That might be it.

G

·
No_Limit_109R said:

What type of fuel where you running?

That is pretty low for a moded bike like yours should of been at least 105 or so, depending on where you are at.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ok, what I see is a lack of tuning... did you have someone at the dyno tune the bike for you or did you just "guess" at the cobra settings? Each bike is different.... and required dyno tuning under load.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
No_Limit_109R said:
Hmm, thanks for the input thus far. It has been an expensive lesson. PCIII's don't come cheap. I will try to look up Lamont's posts to see what I can do. I've invested so much already, I would hate to give up if there's something I could do.
Do a search on the Bottlefed mod, or JR's type of no nonsense intake. it will bring up all sorts of options that others who saw that first have done. Some near $100 some down near $40. These will open up the intake so you can use the free flowing exhaust a little more....

You may not get all of the torque you wish, but you should do better than you have.

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Medic1210 said:
:a20: That's just cold.... :p
The Burple is slower because there is usually a pretty girl on the back!!

pizzmor said:
No limit,

There was another guy recently who posted the link to the site where I just ordered my PCIII. $266.96 delivered via UPS, check it out: http://www.cyclemartusa.com
If you call DLP (red circle above) they will match that price!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
113 Posts
FOURNINES said:
109 mania :dontknow:
I agree.... :a18:....first thing I thought when I read that low of hp....stock should be more than that.....and it's a new member..... :eek:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, but he already has over 20 posts and mania was just kicked off with his last alias, whatever it was, yesterday. This guy has been a member since July 21st.

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you check out a lot of his alternate personalities... they have been registered for quite some time, so it could be very likely him...

We just need Lamont to check that IP and see if it is anything close...

;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts