M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The result of my Dyno:
Stock (stock exhaust muffler removal, KN filter and GIPro) 107 HP at the wheel and torque 138 Nm
Cobra (Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust, KN filter and GIPro) 113 HP at the wheel and torque 139 Nm

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
How about a copy of your sheet?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Wow, no gain in torque, did not see that coming. HP is about what I would expect. Would be interested in the sheet to be able to see the fuel table.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Why would you expect an increase in torque? The removal of the SET valve virtually guarantees no increase in torque. Matter-of-fact, I am surprised it is up even by one.

I put one on my bike about three weeks ago, and seat-of-the-pants told me there was no increase in torque, I thought I lost some at low rpms. But as the rpms rise, she pulls better than stock. My bike also has Big Air intakes and a TFI Fuel Injection Module.

Previously I had stock exhaust, Edelbrock intakes and no tuner.

I note the poster has no fuel tuning system on his bike, despite the K & N filters. This would, no doubt, provide a further increase in both hp and torque.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Why would you expect an increase in torque? The removal of the SET valve virtually guarantees no increase in torque. Matter-of-fact, I am surprised it is up even by one.

I put one on my bike about three weeks ago, and seat-of-the-pants told me there was no increase in torque, I thought I lost some at low rpms. But as the rpms rise, she pulls better than stock. My bike also has Big Air intakes and a TFI Fuel Injection Module.

Previously I had stcok exhaust, Edelbrock intakes and no tuner.
Not ture, I dont have a set valve and im running with no baffle. My torque went up a good amount from base line to my last set up and now to this set up.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Not ture, I dont have a set valve and im running with no baffle. My torque went up a good amount from base line to my last set up and now to this set up.
See the edit to my post. I note the OP has no fuel tuner on his bike, despite also having K & N filters. This would provie a further increase in hp and torque. I imagine he is running REAL lean, as mine with stock exhaust and Edelbrock intakes had ash white deposits on the headpipes when I changed them out.

Got those Big Airs I bought from you on Wednesday, and got them installed. Real nice stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
See the edit to my post. I note the OP haas no fuel tuner on his bike, despite also having K & N filters. This would provie a further increase in hp and torque. I imagine he is running REAL lean, as mine with stock exhaust and Edelbrock intakes had ash white deposits on the headpipes when I changed them out.

Got those Big Airs I bought from you on Wednesday, and got them installed. Real nice stuff. Thanks.
Gotcha :bigthumbsup: I thought his numbers were dialed in. If there just pulls then he really needs to get a pc3 and get it tuned then post numbers. I wanted to see his sheet so I could see his a/f ratio and where the hp and tq meet.

Awesome, hope you enjoy them :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I do not have the sheet, but I got the PCIII
Should have posted that in your opening post. The PC III is a lot more pertinent than the Gipro. The Gipro you can live without, but with your mods you definitely gotta have that fuel tuning capability.

I have the Cobra Tri-Pro and use the TFI Fuel Injection Module. I am impressed with the set-up so far. Really like that the pipe is not a ear-rattling, car-alarm disturbing, LEO attention getting pipe.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
The SET valve only boosts torque at lower rpms. If anything it would hinder it at higher rpms by adding more restriction to the system. Even fully open it still blocks the exhaust flow somewhat. So peak torque should be better without a SET than with it.

I always thought it was odd they use a SET to improve the low speed torque, then retard the timing in the lower gears to take some of it back away.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
The SET valve only boosts torque at lower rpms. If anything it would hinder it at higher rpms by adding more restriction to the system. Even fully open it still blocks the exhaust flow somewhat. So peak torque should be better without a SET than with it.

I always thought it was odd they use a SET to improve the low speed torque, then retard the timing in the lower gears to take some of it back away.
Exactly!:agree::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should have posted that in your opening post. The PC III is a lot more pertinent than the Gipro. The Gipro you can live without, but with your mods you definitely gotta have that fuel tuning capability.
Yes, you're right, but I took it for granted about the PCIII.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
The A/F could use some work. It is bouncing a bit to much and not near smooth enough from the start. That would improve things a bit, but that all depends on what they are willing to charge you to get it there. It is a bit on the rich side, but to me, that is a good thing. Power curve is about what it should be and torque curve is also--smooth and to the point. Do not see any tire slippage in the curves, which says they had it strapped great. Thanks for the visual of the sheet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts