M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://96.0.143.123/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4:dyno&catid=1:wfo-motorsports

I found a place that will dyno tune the "9". Does anyone know the answers to some of these questions? How do the prices look Never done this kind of thing before. I asked two Harley Davidson shops in STL to dyno the "9" and they said they only work on HD.

Question #1

Customer must sign a waiver holding WFO harmless from any and all damage that may be incurred during a dyno session. (customer will state maximum rpm that can attained during session)

What is the maximum rpm with out damage? I have a PCIII, TRE, sleeper air-intake mod, and cobra swepts.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
To rev limit. Should never go into the red. I say do it. You will be the first to do it with this so called "sleeper air mod". Would be interested in the numbers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Question #1

Customer must sign a waiver holding WFO harmless from any and all damage that may be incurred during a dyno session. (customer will state maximum rpm that can attained during session)
QUOTE]

You will sign their waiver but they also must sign a waiver stating you are not responsible for what you will do to them if they screw up your bike :) You have had enough time without your beast already.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Hey Ben, I had mine done after I installed the hyperchargers 3/4 gut the exhaustand the powercamander. They asked that I remove the bags and side covers to get to the powercomander. I took it in like that. Additionally they asked if I wanted each cylinder mapped? I said yes not knowing this could be done or maybe they were snowing me? Mine was 375.00 To build the custom map. after 4 pulls one day they called and asked to have it for another morning as they wanted to do several more to get the map just right. ended up doing 7 pulls. hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
$100 per hour is pretty good. see if the tuner is a dyno jet guy or just some guy.

and yes they should map both cylinders.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I asked around too, and found out he was one of a couple that worked on nines, he has done quite a few. un-like the local stealer each time I went in with a question they said they would have to consult the manual..... umm I can do that. they had never even worked on a 9 yet.........

·
Registered
913 Posts
Rates seem a little high. I did 3 pulls on my dyno with Air/ Fuel Ratio for $35. They are asking $50 w/ out a/f. Custom maps at my dyno are $325. They just say $200 and Up. How far up is up????? So their rates seem a little high, but if they are the only dyno tuner around, maybe thats why they charge what they charge

You have to sign a waiver b/c they dont want to be responsible for doing damage to your bike or fixing something if something breaks. I had to sign the waiver before my pulls and while in the dyno, one of thier tie down straps touched my pipe, melting it to my brand new pipe. And b/c I signed that waiver, they are not responsible. The dyno guy said I could bring it in to him and he would try to remove the melted stuff. But my pipe is already damaged from it. So they wont pay to rechrome it and my pipe is a dicontinued pipe, so I cant get them to replace it.

Your rev limiter is on your bike for a reason, if you hit your rev limiter, you are not doing damage to your bike. Thats still in the safe zone of your motors operational rpms. If you remove your rev limiter, then you will be in trouble. My dyno guy hit my rev limiter on all three pulls. I dont think anything of it b/c I hit my rev limiter while riding too!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
harley guys won't do it because they don't want their other customers seeing Suzuki's making 50 more hp in stock form

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
is this place approved by dynojet from their website?

a custom map can start anywhere from $300 and go on up, but it should include any and all necessary dyno runs so if they do two runs or fifty runs it should all be included in the price.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I had to sign the waiver before my pulls and while in the dyno, one of thier tie down straps touched my pipe, melting it to my brand new pipe. And b/c I signed that waiver, they are not responsible. The dyno guy said I could bring it in to him and he would try to remove the melted stuff. But my pipe is already damaged from it. So they wont pay to rechrome it and my pipe is a dicontinued pipe, so I cant get them to replace it.

Your rev limiter is on your bike for a reason, if you hit your rev limiter, you are not doing damage to your bike. Thats still in the safe zone of your motors operational rpms. If you remove your rev limiter, then you will be in trouble. My dyno guy hit my rev limiter on all three pulls. I dont think anything of it b/c I hit my rev limiter while riding too!
I would raise a fit and have them fix it for free. They have you sign the waiver for damage caused doing the Dyno not due to damage caused for neglect. Since they tied it down, they know exhaust is hot & a strap touching it will melt to it. That is due to neglect not for damage due to running on dyno!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts