M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my numbers from this weekend at bike fest-Lake of the ozarks.
I have a hacker pipe, K&N filters in stock air boxes that have been cut like a ducks cover and PCV with auto tune.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I can't tell what kind of dyno it was on or how it was corrected, but both curves look pretty smooth. It also looks like the auto tune is doing a good job with the A/F ratio, though it's a little on the rich side. That is good for power though.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was hoping that the numbers would be a little higher but the guy did tell me that the only other bike that came close over the weekend was a 110 S&S that made 104HP. Not sure what his torque was.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for the size of the pics. I tried to make it smaller but it just doesn't seem to work well for me. I hope that last pic gives you the info you are seeking. I know you can get different numbers with each different dyno but that is about all I know about a Dyno. I was mainly wanting to see if the PCV/auto tune was keeping the air fuel ratio in the right range.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
thanks for the effort Bones, Im first to admit I know very little about them too. with that said what I was looking for was the SAE stamp. Im sure the more experianced guys on here can explain it. from what I understand it is a correction value of sort and with out it the dyno usally reads much higher. and why arnt they all the same if they are from dyno jet reserch im not sure. maybe some of the experts can school us on this. I do like to see them just to see how they perform with different mods. it is quite intresting.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did notice that a few other Dyno sheets said SAE smoothing 3 on them. I don't know what this means or if it gives you higher or lower numbers based on this information. It would be interesting to know. Maybe I need to do a little research on my own.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
thanks Pynikal thats a step in the right direction. In the day and age of ISO, lean manufacturing and so forth you would think that all shops or at least all places using the dyno jet manufacturing machine would use the same stanard. You would think it is a touch of a button?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
if they are dyno jet certified they should have there dyno calibrated once a month.

that is what the local tuner in town does. (smithers customs)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts