M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know there's plenty of posts to the dyno run, but i'm bringing it back! Now until yesterday I've never even seen a dyno run and I pulled a 140.2 rwhp and 92 ft/lbs. I was happy i was expecting only 120 ish. I've done a power commander and x-revolution stage 3 intake with an after market exhaust. Any body have anything i could do to break 150 hp?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade but your hp number sound a little high especially with no torque increase over stock. What type of dyno and what were the variables?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
about 35 hp to high compared to the torque number. Boy there are all kind of hack dynos out there. here is a comparison for you SAE 115 hp and 108 torque after custom map PC with gutted exhaust and hyperchargers. Dyno jet certified tech and machine

·
Registered
678 Posts
Comparatively my bone stock 9 put down 105hp and 94.6tq on a Dynojet earlier this year.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I would say you would be happy. I would say the dyno was having a party.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i agree with the above comments. you got a whopping HP number and from what others have posted on here that means that your dyno was extremely off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And i was thinking my numbers were high, but there were hyabusas out there saying they got what they were expecting

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have to agree with all of the above bro. Is there machine certified?

If I had to guess, either there machine had a hiccup on your run, or they are blowing up HP #'s to draw business. JMO bro, JMO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well they werent selling anything, and i had higher hp than any of the bikes at the stealership. Im glad i came on here, yall are bringing me down to reality!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Don't feel bad, when I took mine to a dyno day it was me and 3 HDs (all 3 were cool btw), 1 of them knew what the 9 could do so he said that I should go first and to watch the faces of the other 2. The looks on their faces was priceless when my numbers came up. The guy who knew told one of the others to ask me how much I paid and I felt bad telling him. The closest of the 3 was a Screaming Eagle somethingorother (nice looking full dresser) with 97hp and 79tq but as the man said if he spent as much on a 9 and modded it he'd be going ludicrous speed and end up going plaid. I later found out that he bought it used for $27k.
So the morale is your numbers are off but you still have a powerful and really fun bike.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I pulled a 140.2 rwhp and 92 ft/lbs. I was happy i was expecting only 120 ish. I've done a power commander and x-revolution stage 3 intake with an after market exhaust. Any body have anything i could do to break 150 hp?
:eek:.....:doh:

I would say you would be happy. I would say the dyno was having a party.
:agree:

------------------------

Another member on here had complete engine rebuild mods done (Pistons, Cams, Headers or whatever all he had done), 2n1 Exhaust, Tornado Intakes, Custom Mapped and after all of that he's pulling 147hp. He also has Nitrous which is about another 30hp gain when used, so your talking mid 170's hp tops for a brief period.

There's no way your pulling 140hp without major engine rebuild mods being done. 115hp -120hp would be more realistic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I posted it before, with a couple pulls they got me around 115 hp with lke 113 tq. all i did was ducks mod k & n filters road burner exhaust and a pcIII

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
post your dyno sheet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
saturdays dyno run on a certified dynojet. stock motor with custom open air intakes ( similar to ness big suckers ) shortened ,gutted stock exhayst(with cat still in place) cobra fi2000r set at 2.5-4.0-3.0 and tre4. very happy with the # and even happier with the looks on the Honda and Harley guy's faces ! both of which cant get #'s like this without huge $'s !!!! hahaha:hot: View attachment 25186

1 - 20 of 33 Posts