M109 Rider Forums banner

Dyno results on the Cobra Speedsters/Slashcuts

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Medic1210 
#1 ·
Don't have any yet but the part to finish my air ride shipped yesterday so as soon as I have that up and running I'll head to the dyno again and see how these work.

If you remember I dynoed the Dragsters on a very wet and rainy day and got 105/105 on those pipes. These have a crossover so I hope to do a little better with these. Anyone want to guess the numbers? :doorag:

The airbox is at the powdercoaters right now so I should have that in hand pretty soon too. :bigthumbsup:

#4 ·
I agree. It will be important to keep testing conditions as uniform as possible. That way, there won't be a lot of confounding variables that keep us from doing accurate compsarisons of the pipes.
On the differences, I'm a big believer in crossovers as I've seen their effect on other pipes. I would say you might pick up from 7 to 10 % with these over the dragsters. In other words probably around 112 to 113 or so for the HP/TORQUE numbers.
Jer

#8 ·
Wildracing posted this pic of that 20 plus pound contraption he cut out of his pipe when he worked on his. I'd sure like to throw mine out and gut part of the rest of the system to see what happens.
Lamonster said:

If you decide to tinker Lamont, take pics and post them. If I get through my back surgery, I'm tempted to try to convert the stockers.
Jer

#9 ·
wildwolf said:
108 hp, 107 torque no airbox change
110 hp, 108 torque airbox change
If I remember right, Lamont ran a dyno with the stock box, and with no box at all and saw no difference in the results. If this is the case, then I wouldn't imagine any difference with the new airbox over stock... at least on the dyno when you don't get the ram-air effect. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong with my info. :bigthumbsup:

#11 ·
Medic1210 said:
If I remember right, Lamont ran a dyno with the stock box, and with no box at all and saw no difference in the results. If this is the case, then I wouldn't imagine any difference with the new airbox over stock... at least on the dyno when you don't get the ram-air effect. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong with my info. :bigthumbsup:
I dynoed with the stock cover off the box but I still had the air cleaner in place, and your right, there was no change then. ::)

steve j said:
I think you will have to throw some fuel at it with an airbox mod to see any power gain.
Got a little too much fuel now so that should work. :bigthumbsup:

#13 ·
Lamonster said:
I dynoed with the stock cover off the box but I still had the air cleaner in place, and your right, there was no change then. ::)
I wonder why the guys at thunder got such a big change when they tested the bike with and without stock box. I was reading in the thread about them designing an air kit, and they showed something like 10HP and 5Tq gain open air v/s stock. Any idea on why there is such a change? Did they run without a filter and all, or did they put some sort of filter over the opening?

#14 ·
Medic1210 said:
I wonder why the guys at thunder got such a big change when they tested the bike with and without stock box. I was reading in the thread about them designing an air kit, and they showed something like 10HP and 5Tq gain open air v/s stock. Any idea on why there is such a change? Did they run without a filter and all, or did they put some sort of filter over the opening?
If you read that post again you will see they ran it wide open with no filter or airbox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.