M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had the bike dyno'd the first time everything stock with the eight holes in the baffles at Honda of Jacksonville (close to work). 103 hp and 96lb/ft torque. Now, Installed Cobra Dragsters, PCIII, and made some K&N filters. Took to Ron Turner Suzuki for dyno tune. First run was 97 hp 99lb/ft tq. After tune 103 hp and 101lb/ft tq. I don't know whats going on. I hope you see this JR and can comment on Honda of Jax and Ron Turner. Both were using Dynojets but the read out's were completely different.

·
Registered
296 Posts
In a perfect world the best comparo would be to baseline the bike , then immediately do the mods dyno them and then tune it and have final dyno numbers on the same day same dyno......

But that is not always very practical.....so , its best to use the same dyno. Given most are Dynojets and do have correction but still things like weather can really affect your numbers. Your original numbers sound decent though maybe a touch low. The after numbers definitely sound pretty darn low ...... you only gained about 6rwhp with pipes PCIII and intake ....... LaMonster's bike gained 13rwhp with a combo VERY near to yours......

As mentioned , were you in 4th gear? Were the numbers SAE corrected ? What was the weather like when you had it dynoed ? Did you have premium fuel in the tank? Was your rear tire fully inflated ?

G

·
ChuckyC said:
Ok so I had the bike dyno'd the first time everything stock with the eight holes in the baffles at Honda of Jacksonville (close to work). 103 hp and 96lb/ft torque. Now, Installed Cobra Dragsters, PCIII, and made some K&N filters. Took to Ron Turner Suzuki for dyno tune. First run was 97 hp 99lb/ft tq. After tune 103 hp and 101lb/ft tq. I don't know whats going on. I hope you see this JR and can comment on Honda of Jax and Ron Turner. Both were using Dynojets but the read out's were completely different.
Do you have the JSD?

Looks like they did the run in 3rd gear if you do not have the JSD.

If they did do it in 4th gear, you have to have something going on or they are trying to milk you!

Taz

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have only done two 109's on the dyno, both were 102-103 in 5th gear, and 110-113 in 4th.

You really caon't compare dyno runs between different bikes on different dynos. Yes they make corrections for weather, altitude, etc.... but are really only just a tool for testing/tuning one bike at a time.

I just asked about the gear they did the runs in (normall you are taught at DJ school to use 4th), for the dyno it makes very little difference... for the m109 it makes 900 rpm difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They ran it fourth. Went back up to Honda of jax (where I ran it before the mods) Now I only have 100hp and 103 lb/ft of tq. These numbers are straight nubers now corrections if I understand it right. I don't know kinda upsets me. :edit:

·
Registered
296 Posts
If they are not corrected , that will make all the difference in the world.....if you are in hot or humid weather they would correct UP, sometimes quite a bit......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts