M109 Riders banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,664 Posts
A shame that a interesting topic stops now. :(
You can read a whole lot more about it if you go to the link I posted a few messages back.

Here is what the ECUnleashed flash does:

ECUnleashed Performance Reflash
Eliminate Factory Restrictions- Unleash up to 10% more power
Increase Acceleration & Top Speed
Improve Throttle Response & Control

Specifications:
Improve Fuel & Ignition Maps
Eliminate Factory Throttle Restrictions
Optimize Throttle Maps
Eliminate Timing Retard
Increase Rev Limit
Remove Factory Top Speed Limiter(s)
Eliminate Factory Fuel Cut
Optimize Off-Throttle (Decel) Mapping
Disable Factory Error Code(s): Exhaust Servo Motor/Valve, Pair Valve System (Smog Valve), O2 Sensor/Lambda and more
ECUnleashed performance tune files are tested and tuned for maximum power, performance and drive-ability

And here's a FAQ page: http://ecunleashed.com/frequently-asked-questions/

I don't want to get into a debate. Ivan is trying to sell his product. I am only reporting on what I already had done, I have nothing to gain by this, while Ivan obviously has a lot to gain by convincing people that a dyno tune is not needed when the ECU is flashed. That's just salesmanship. He showed up here very recently, and in his second post was posting links to his for-profit website.

If someone wants to try a flash without having it optimized for their bike, that's completely up to that consumer. But you won't get the same top notch results I got without a dyno tune too, regardless of what Ivan says. Take Air/Fuel ratio, for example. It obviously will be far different for a bike at sea level than a bike up in the Rockies. How can that be accounted for with a flash and no dyno tune? That's just a single aspect. There are others too.

So who are you going to believe, an enthusiast with nothing to gain, or someone who showed up on this site a few days ago and immediately began peddling his product?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can read a whole lot more about it if you go to the link I posted a few messages back.

Here is what the ECUnleashed flash does:

ECUnleashed Performance Reflash
Eliminate Factory Restrictions- Unleash up to 10% more power
Increase Acceleration & Top Speed
Improve Throttle Response & Control

Specifications:
Improve Fuel & Ignition Maps
Eliminate Factory Throttle Restrictions
Optimize Throttle Maps
Eliminate Timing Retard
Increase Rev Limit
Remove Factory Top Speed Limiter(s)
Eliminate Factory Fuel Cut
Optimize Off-Throttle (Decel) Mapping
Disable Factory Error Code(s): Exhaust Servo Motor/Valve, Pair Valve System (Smog Valve), O2 Sensor/Lambda and more
ECUnleashed performance tune files are tested and tuned for maximum power, performance and drive-ability

And here's a FAQ page: http://ecunleashed.com/frequently-asked-questions/

This is just a standard list that is on all their pages... It is not particular to the M109R... Their M109R Flash may or may not include all of those things listed
(Only Piasini in Italy would know what is included)

As a matter of fact, none of their tune files are adjusted by anyone except for Piasini in Italy... They are just sold as-is through their dealer network.

Most of the time, they encourage a fuel tuner (Power Commander) if an adjustment is needed...
This is not a bad thing at all

I don't want to get into a debate. Ivan is trying to sell his product. I am only reporting on what I already had done, I have nothing to gain by this, while Ivan obviously has a lot to gain by convincing people that a dyno tune is not needed when the ECU is flashed. That's just salesmanship. He showed up here very recently, and in his second post was posting links to his for-profit website.

If someone wants to try a flash without having it optimized for their bike, that's completely up to that consumer. But you won't get the same top notch results I got without a dyno tune too, regardless of what Ivan says. Take Air/Fuel ratio, for example. It obviously will be far different for a bike at sea level than a bike up in the Rockies. How can that be accounted for with a flash and no dyno tune? That's just a single aspect. There are others too.

You obviously aren't familiar with EFI at all....
EFI isn't anything like your old carburetors which cannot compensate for altitude and temperature.

A barometric pressure sensor is part of the system and the ECU uses it to correct the mixture according to elevation automatically....
This means you can tune at sea level, and go to 10,000 ft and it still runs great and vise versa.

It also has an air temperature sensor as well to correct for different climates automatically....
This means you can tune at 60 degrees and it runs great at 100 degrees and vise versa.

Completely understanding how an ECU works, and having proper software with access to the entire file allows proper tuning.

So who are you going to believe, an enthusiast with nothing to gain, or someone who showed up on this site a few days ago and immediately began peddling his product?
Yes I have a product to sell, but I am willing to abide by the rules here and not try to sell it in any of my posts... I've been around for a long time (1992), people know how to contact me if they need to.

I'm easy enough to find ;)

Ivan

·
Super Moderator
5,664 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the M109R does not have a baro sensor, Ivan. Nor does it compensate for temp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the M109R does not have a baro sensor, Ivan. Nor does it compensate for temp.
Yes of course it does. ... it has both.
Barometric sensor is sometimes called "atmospheric pressure "sensor.

The air temperature sensor is in the airbox. Sometimes called IAT sensor (intake air)

All of today's Japanese EFI motorcycles have both of them and automatically compensate for altitude and temperature.

Ivan

·
Super Moderator
5,664 Posts
Yes of course it does. ... it has both.
Barometric sensor is sometimes called "atmospheric pressure "sensor.

The air temperature sensor is in the airbox. Sometimes called IAT sensor (intake air)

All of today's Japanese EFI motorcycles have both of them and automatically compensate for altitude and temperature.

Ivan
Well then, I stand corrected.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you look in the service manual in the fuel system section, you will find all the codes and how to test all the sensors. ...

The early busa manual had a section that explained the whole system and how it works and uses all the sensors.

Early busas don't have sub throttles, but the system is basically the same.

Ivan

·
Registered
921 Posts
As long as the modifications are the same, the tune will be the same.
(TPS voltage needs to be the same as the bike that the tune was created with)

Different pipes and intakes will require some changes (very minor)

You can believe what you want, but my testing and tuning for most of my adult life has shown me otherwise.... And I have thousands of customers around the world that have repeatedly checked my work and will agree with my statements. ;)

It's not possible to adjust an entire ECU file in 3 hours.... maybe a power commander map?

Ivan
You don't need to adjust every map in an ecu. You might want to equalise the ignition maps which would only take a few minutes just so you don't need to use a tre.
Tuning the secondary throttle plates to open at the correct speed to maintain air velocity may take a while, does anyone actually do this or just open them all the way? SAme for SET maps for those with OEM exhausts.
You could mess with the cold start maps, the engine temp maps, altitude maps but do people really do this?

I don't see there being much difference in tunes from one bike to another that has similar setups. 2-2 exhaust, 2-1 exhausts etc.
But it is nice to know that your ecu is tuned perfectly for your bike even if you'd never feel the difference. ;)

One thing I would like dyno runs to show is ACTUAL horse power. We only ever seem to get corrected numbers (which is fine for comparisons) but people at high altitudes always have way less power and they need to understand that you can't tune that power back, there just isn't the oxygen to do it...... well you could add a turbo! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
M109r/M1800r from Sweden

mine gave 118.9Hk o 160.2Nm done not so bad against stock 111,2Hk o 135,5Nm and air-o noise and PCV without adjustment 114,8Hk o 154,4Nm bromsning3.jpg
Cobra sweept pipes Baron XXL big suckers air filter Power Commander V

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't need to adjust every map in an ecu. You might want to equalise the ignition maps which would only take a few minutes just so you don't need to use a tre.
Tuning the secondary throttle plates to open at the correct speed to maintain air velocity may take a while, does anyone actually do this or just open them all the way? SAme for SET maps for those with OEM exhausts.
You could mess with the cold start maps, the engine temp maps, altitude maps but do people really do this?

I meant the fuel maps... (speed density and Alpha N) nobody can adjust all of them.... in all the throttle positions in 3 hours from a super lean condition like what is shown in Pete's dyno chart....
(this takes more than 3 weeks to do properly if you work on it every day and do nothing else with modern data logging equipment.

Creating the best sub-throttle maps also takes a few days of testing and should include a fair amount of seat time to get properly adjusted for response and feel... this needs to be done first before the fuel maps are fine tuned

I don't see there being much difference in tunes from one bike to another that has similar setups. 2-2 exhaust, 2-1 exhausts etc.
But it is nice to know that your ecu is tuned perfectly for your bike even if you'd never feel the difference. ;)

The owner of the M109R that is on my site says the difference is night and day in driveability and response compared to his previous stock ECU/TRE combo, with a high rpm pull that pulls noticeably harder and for longer than before the ECU was reprogrammed.

One thing I would like dyno runs to show is ACTUAL horse power. We only ever seem to get corrected numbers (which is fine for comparisons) but people at high altitudes always have way less power and they need to understand that you can't tune that power back, there just isn't the oxygen to do it...... well you could add a turbo! :D
Actual HP is uncorrected and will vary dramatically depending on the day (answer is for the many that don't understand)
My dyno is actually a heartbreaker for many people... (reads lower HP than most of the Dynojet model 250's)

I can post some uncorrected #'s if people want to see them.

Ivan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Power Cmander only, first..

What about if i first buy and install PCV( ´cos money) and leave everything else original. Especially the pipes because all parts all very expensive here in Finland. Will i still be able to get more torq and better throttle etc even original pipes are too small? My bike is original and i really don´t like it under 3500rpm. Twitching in low rpm, as you know.

Was here anybody´s result in dyno, only with commarder?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I've been thinking buying TRE but if I put PCV afterwards, isn't tre useless then? Or if it's not, what would be best order when buying and installing 1 at time?
Tre, pc, air intake, pipes? Of course dyno every time.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yeah, I've been thinking buying TRE but if I put PCV afterwards, isn't tre useless then? Or if it's not, what would be best order when buying and installing 1 at time?
Tre, pc, air intake, pipes? Of course dyno every time.
They do two different things. The TRE alters the timing, the PC-V alters the fuel.

You can install the TRE at any time. You need the PC-V after you do both pipes and intake. You can do either pipes or intake without adding fuel, but I think they run better even stock with a good tune.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
They do two different things. The TRE alters the timing, the PC-V alters the fuel.

You can install the TRE at any time. You need the PC-V after you do both pipes and intake. You can do either pipes or intake without adding fuel, but I think they run better even stock with a good tune.
agreed, and U just a postin machine tonight, 2 so far:D

201 - 220 of 240 Posts