M109 Riders banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Fuel mileage improved with a little more flow through the exhaust.

After drilling a small hole in the baffles, I noticed an increase in my fuel mileage (back up to 33 to 35 mpg). With the open intakes and baffles in, I think the engine wasn't breathing well before. I think the extra hole in the baffles helped. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
2007 M109R Dad's bike but, he is internet challenged but I wanted to share
Mine 2007 M109R stock, just bought it yesterday.

Arlen Ness big suckers, Vance and Hines big shots still with baffles, power commander(not sure which series), timing retard eliminator, full tune,

126.1 Hp (rwhp)

121 ft lbs tq

Video of dyno:

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
2007 M109R Dad's bike but, he is internet challenged but I wanted to share
Mine 2007 M109R stock, just bought it yesterday.

Arlen Ness big suckers, Vance and Hines big shots still with baffles, power commander(not sure which series), timing retard eliminator, full tune,

126.1 Hp (rwhp)

121 ft lbs tq

Video of dyno:
Those are pretty high numbers. It must have been done on a Harley Dyno! :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Might be the tuner. His website is in the video I posted. Check his pedigree. Maybe you are right it was a Harley dyno. A procharged street glide went on the dyno after his. And put up 140hp. I like to think that is realistic numbers being supercharged. So I have confidence it is accurate. Maybe it's his combination of after market performance parts. They all just work perfectly together. Who knows. They guys tuned thousands of bike. I'll take his word for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HP seems to be Waaaaaay down!

Hey All, thanks for a great discussion site. I have an 06, Cobra Swept, Fi2000, K&N air cleaners, TRE. I recently had my bike serviced and dyno tested. The results were incredibly disappointing, around 90 HP. That's lower than stock. Any ideas where a typical HP robbing problem might be?

I can't figure out where to begin searching.

Rich

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hey All, thanks for a great discussion site. I have an 06, Cobra Swept, Fi2000, K&N air cleaners, TRE. I recently had my bike serviced and dyno tested. The results were incredibly disappointing, around 90 HP. That's lower than stock. Any ideas where a typical HP robbing problem might be?

I can't figure out where to begin searching.

Rich
Just remember that the stock numbers are not based on wheel HP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Disappointing results

Thanks for that. My bike sure "feels" like it's ready to run away, but those dyno numbers seem pretty anemic. I was getting ready to pull the baffles out of my pipes, but I don't like the sounds I heard from youtube.

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
Might be the tuner. His website is in the video I posted. Check his pedigree. Maybe you are right it was a Harley dyno. A procharged street glide went on the dyno after his. And put up 140hp. I like to think that is realistic numbers being supercharged. So I have confidence it is accurate. Maybe it's his combination of after market performance parts. They all just work perfectly together. Who knows. They guys tuned thousands of bike. I'll take his word for it.
Must be a good supercharger to double the horse power!

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
hello,
does anyone have a result from Dynojet dynamometer by an ECU Flash ??
Before / After
yes, here you go. Note, this is ACTUALLY after it was flashed (blue) and then, again, after it was Dyno Tuned with the new flash (Red)

The flash, without being dyno tuned will NOT give you the performance that you want and that is possible with just an ECU flash.

Check out the entire thread here: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275561

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
Pete,

WOW !!
That was way off the mark... I guess they didn't spend much time on that project before releasing it for sale.

Ivan
Actually, Ivan, they flashed the ECU and then Dyno tuned it. Without running it on the dyno they would not have been able to get the correct fuel settings. Although they will flash an ECU without dyno tuning it, they STRONGLY recommend against it.

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
I would assume that they (the dealer) have no control over the file that they are flashing.... Too bad.

Ivan
What's that old saying? "One should never ASSUME, for when one ASSUMES they make an ASS out of U and ME." :joke:

The issue is that every bike is different, even aside from modifications. Unless dyno tuning is performed, one cannot optimize the ECU Flash for the specific motorcycle. It would be like using a generic map for a Power Commander. You might see some improvements with it, but without a qualified tuner performing an individual tune on a bike by bike basis, it won't be optimal.

Now, I know you sell ECU Flashes, Ivan. You may have optimized the flash for a specific M109R. You may see some improvements on most bikes. But it still won't be optimal for my bike, or for anyone else's either.
When Karns did my bike, they spent nearly 3 hours fine tuning the A/F ratio and got it just about perfect. No generic flash can do that without dyno time.

http://www.karnsperformance.com/custompage.asp?pg=services

·
Registered
12 Posts
As long as the modifications are the same, the tune will be the same.
(TPS voltage needs to be the same as the bike that the tune was created with)

Different pipes and intakes will require some changes (very minor)

You can believe what you want, but my testing and tuning for most of my adult life has shown me otherwise.... And I have thousands of customers around the world that have repeatedly checked my work and will agree with my statements. ;)

It's not possible to adjust an entire ECU file in 3 hours.... maybe a power commander map?

Ivan

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
As long as the modifications are the same, the tune will be the same.
(TPS voltage needs to be the same as the bike that the tune was created with)

Different pipes and intakes will require some changes (very minor)

You can believe what you want, but my testing and tuning for most of my adult life has shown me otherwise.... And I have thousands of customers around the world that have repeatedly checked my work and will agree with my statements. ;)

It's not possible to adjust an entire ECU file in 3 hours.... maybe a power commander map?

Ivan
It looks as if we will have to agree to disagree, Ivan! :bigthumbsup:

181 - 200 of 240 Posts