M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was my local dealer's open house. There were free dyno races ($5 for a printout.) They said it would be canceled if there was rain, so I got there early to beat the rain (which never came anyway.)

I was first in line.

A few guys asked what I was "shooting for" and I said that I expect to come in around 120. (I also got a LOT of compliments om the bike!)
:Click: Bike went on the dyno, it sounds awesome!
(It's a lot different sounding than when I'm riding.) The results are in: 120.03 hp :bigthumbsup: (but they did not do torque!)
:cus:

A little while later, a V-Rod Anniversary Edition was up.

I asked what he expected? "110 would be nice." I said that I would guess 108. Wait, are those stock pipes? "Yes." Ok, change that to 105 :a20: Well I was really surprised - the thing did 114 HP! :eek: Stone cold stock. That's pretty cool, but now I REALLY wish we could have seen / gotten the torque as well!

The day progressed, there were not a lot of big V-Twins there, and I was about to pack it up and go home, knowing I had won the $25 gift certificate, when some guy came over and began to ask me some questions. When he asked it that was a McCoy SuperTrapp, I knew he was on this site. He had the 5" Chrome SuperTrapp. He introduced himself as Killer109.

OK, Thunder intakes and a 5" McCoy SuperTrapp. Now I am worried. I asked him what he wanted to see. "I think I'll come in around 124." NAH! You'll be UNDER 120! :joke: :a20:

Well, I had to stick around for his run. I have to say that the 5" SuperTrapp sounds nice. Deeper and "beefier" than my "classic" SuperTrapp, but not as loud.

The run began, and I could SWEAR they took the revs higher on his than mine. :dontknow: OK, I know I'm sunk... :'(
Then the numbers came out: he did 119 HP! OH YEAH! :hot:
So, looks like I won the class, making it the 3rd year straight year an M109 has won. :#1:
Killer109 took 2nd. :bigthumbsup:

Hey, Killer109, I was a pleasure beating you. :joke:
Er, I mean MEETING you! :duck:

Lets go riding sometime - and you should try to make it to the meet! It will be nice having a friend to ride down with!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Good job Hyperpete.:D I've never gotten t do that before.. Maybe sometime soon.

Here's maybe a stupid question.:dontknow: We have Big air intakes and when we have those should, they not have a fan blowing on those to make it more like going down the rode. The air being forced through the intakes at takeoff and high speed, I would think has to make a difference in HP.

Am I right or wrong in thinking this?;)

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good job Hyperpete.:D I've never gotten t do that before.. Maybe sometime soon.

Here's maybe a stupid question.:dontknow: We have Big air intakes and when we have those should, they not have a fan blowing on those to make it more like going down the rode. The air being forced through the intakes at takeoff and high speed, I would think has to make a difference in HP.

Am I right or wrong in thinking this?;)
no, they are not a 'ram-air' system. They just provide more area to draw fresh cool air away from the (hot) engine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yea it was nice meeting you too. Congrats on getting first Yea that was so close 1 hp :cus: oh well maybe when i get McCoys pipes ordered and put on I will come in first and you second :joke: Oh yea did u get a pic of the 109 with ape hangers ? That was just ummmmmm:eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
nice numbers, i hope mine gets close to that when i mod it, it's stock atm though

im not surprised at the rod

but the difference is the rod makes less then 120nm @ the fly the 9 makes more than 160nm @3200 at the fly

sure capacity etc.... but the 9 is a real tq monster, the rod needs revs

2 different kinds of twin even though essentially the same.... want power? an 1098-1198r duke is better compared to the rod than the 9's motor, and a stock 10-1198r can make 180hp @ the fly stock depending on model...

i dont even rate the rod, it's a toy if i wanted something like that i'd have gotten an original VMAX which the rod seems to be an exact copy of other than the V4.... pfft and ppl say the 9 is a copy of the rod.... i dont see that at all

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats guys!!! Way to hold the high ground. 1st & 2nd...nobody will want to try you guys next year if you keep that up. I was suprised by the V Rod I would have thought he would be lower also. Get ready for him to make some changes next year in hopes of taking the lead away form us.
DEFEND!!!!

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not get a chance to ride to Millersville to fill up with the NO ETHANOL gas. I had to go with Sunoco 93. I think I would have done better with the no ethanol gas. Next time I'll use that for an added edge.

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, look ma, I'm in the "movies."

Look between 2min 30 sec and 3 min for the 9 with ape hangers! "That's what makes horse races!"

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
And your 9 is in the beginning! Movie Star!:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congrats on your win.Looked like a fun day for you and a lot of guys. Nice mix of crusier and sport bikes.LOL those Ape Hangers sure have some long a$$ cables on them!!Jeff

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Cool! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts