M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had my bike dyno this week and I was wondering if this dyno looked ok? I think it is on the low side compared to what I have seen on the site, I know all dyno's are different but most that I see are in the same range for this bike. Here is the mods that I have on it: K&N filter, Duck mod( M109R cut out logo), HardKhrome res-tech pipes with pwr port( must add I got them for 250.00..I was happy as a *** with a bad of DKKKKSS...LOL), thanks to a dealer going out of business :bigthumbsup:, pwr comander. I have not put a tre on yet, but will be adding one. Will I need another dyno? Please let me know what you guys think, will post pic of the bike this week, Just had a lot of chrome work done to it. Also it is a 2006 burple, I thought they made these with a special dilithum crystal technogly. They say its the fastest. :agree:

View attachment 18401

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,951 Posts
Honestly, it's not that bad. As you said they are all different. Since it doesn't show Dynojet on the top, I'm assuming it wasn't a Dynojet dyno. If you do some reading on how torque is measured, they actually have what is called Dynojet horsepower, or DJHP. They use it because Dynojet typically reads higher than other dynos do. And depending on which gear they did the reading at the results can vary too. The correction factors for temperature and barometric pressure can also change the readings.

Dynos actually measure torque and the horsepower is a mathematical calculation based on the torque reading. If you want to read a little about it, plus the "dynojet horsepower" I mentioned above, here's a good article. The dynojet subject is near the bottom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

The important thing is the hp and torque increased after tuning. Torque really came up nicely compared to the initial run, and the biggest increase was in the midrange where you actually use it.

I like to see the A/F chart with a dyno run just to see how smooth it is and what range they tuned it at.

In a nutshell, dyno readings are an indicator you use to see if something you did made an improvement, not something to use as a hard figure unless it's just bragging rights your after. :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ZOOM!!!!

Thanks Zoom, yea not really stuck on bragging rights, just want the most bang for my buck. I don't care about the numbers really but I do want the most hp/tq I can get to haul my azz around. I still like a little speed some time. I come off of a Zx14 so I am not looking for the same number as that. I know what fast is…lol and they are fast. 100+ is cool with me when I'm just playing around, when the roads are clear of course. I drive trucks and my CDL are my livelihood, don't want to screw those up. Yea I was just courious, he didnt charge me for it because he had my bike so long but I guess it donsn't hurt to ask...:hot:Will post picks when I pick it up this week. I just hope i dont get out there trying to rideit like my ZX14 and kill myself. I almost broke my dam leg turning a corner like a sports bike and got scared and put my leg dwn ( stupid) I dint feel comfortable turning with my legs in front of me, I got to learn how to ride all over again....lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts