M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that has drilled out all center baffles and removed the first baffle completely done a dyno to see if it hurts or helps the bike.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Dyno on cut out Stock baffles

I gathered that, Thanks. I am working on air intakes this weekend and will go to dyno just to see whats what tuesday.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well I am going tuesday to dyno it and have completely removed back baffle and drilled through all pipes, Decided for sheets and giggles to do the in air intake that was on ebay the skeety net looking one with Holly brand. I have completed the mod except finishing touchs and one lousy bolt. I used the back side of the existing air intake with the existing holes and make a plexiglass cover for it to block it up the same size as the back peace. A buddy of mine has a milling machine and Lord willing I will go down there thursday and make a couple more out out of thin stainless or something instead of plexiglass.

I know jack swat about dyno, I'll be getting it done where Lamonster does his so I guess they will walk me through, but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

One nice thing about the plexiglass you are using, is that it will not hold the heat that a metal one would.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Bonehead said:
One nice thing about the plexiglass you are using, is that it will not hold the heat that a metal one would.
YEP! :bigthumbsup:

Keep in mind: Plexiglas, Lexan/polycarbonate, PETG are all thermal plastics.. With Temps over 160+ degrees will alter the properties of the plastic, causing it to warp..

·
Registered
289 Posts

Bear,
If the heat is not an issue, you can use Lexan/Polycarb or PETG and be able to drill/machine into it without it breaking like Plex/Acrylic. Polycarb you can drive a nail into it... ;)

I run a plastics distribution company in Houston. I also have other types of plastics that you can machine into, but you are not see through it...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

hate threads like this. they are titled like they are going to give you information (to trick people into reading it) instead of asking the question right out.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

phaed said:
hate threads like this. they are titled like they are going to give you information (to trick people into reading it) instead of asking the question right out.
There is no trick here just trying to come up with something different or not so costly, meant to go to the dyno Tuesday, went today and the timing was wrong, meet a very nice Lady so she has been taking up some time P.S. She can have all she wants :D I will post them when I get them, but hey lighten up it takes time :bigthumbsup: (P.S.S If you look for something for nothing you will mostly find nothing)

Thanks guys about the info on the plastics but I think I am going with aluminion plate with 5 1/8 collar welded on to it to mount a 7in K&N on it so it might be alittle while. Should have the plates cut out tomorrow but then need to run by a Buddy's house in BFE and use his milling machine and might need his lathe to take the thickness and depth on the collar down to accept the filter, at this point I'm not sure. I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend and then I will get the dyno done to see what she's pushing.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Dyno on cut out Stock baffles ?

when you ask 1st baffle removal - are you referring to first baffle from rear or front ???
i removed the rear section (8" long ) and opened rear of pipes to 2 1/4 inches - sound great,
runs and responds much better from 1500 up.....haven't made any dyno passes yet - waiting
on fi2000r to arrive first - seat of the pants and running some buddies - it's definitly faster!!

godzuki

no haven't noticed that symptom, but it does feel like it could use alittle more fuel way up top in high gear!!
around 6000 in fifth......

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Dyno on cut out Stock baffles ?

godzuki

Yeah the 1st rear is the one. Have you noticed a hesitation in 5th on full throttle ? I did but when I put the air kit on it went totally away and then some.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Dyno on cut out Stock baffles ( Gotta It )

Went to the dyno today it looks like 116 or 117 w/o JSD-3M so if I would have had it it would have been over 120. He spiked it so the top number is off, but I really wish it wasn't :D :D To recap Took out 1st rear baffle completely and drilled through all walls, Skeeter air intake and added today the PCIII with stock map. They said the stock map was doing good and left it alone, no need to make a map ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts