M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's a good place in the Houston area to get a bike Dyno'ed at a fair price?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know about price, but I believe Mancuso H-D on Main has a dyno.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Honda of Houston does it as well. Just need to call around I guess. See what they charge and what they offer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out Iron Horse V-Twin; they have a great shop rate. It maybe a little ride for you, they are in Pasadena off of Shaver Road

·
Registered
936 Posts
I got my bike dynoed at BoB Lundsford, you get three passes for 50 bucks and Waylon knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$50... Not bad!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Ask a few questions to let them know you know a thing or two. Ask and make sure they use a EGA (exhaust gas analyzer) for your fuel mixture on the dyno run and make sure you get hard copies that show the AF mix along with the HP and Torque curves. That tells a lot. Also a Dyno Jet brand dyno will help if you plan on using a Dyno Jet Power commander for fueling adjustments. Make sure their correction factor is set up on SAE and the smoothing is set on 5. A nice somewhat cool morning with low humidity (I know it will be a challenge in Houston) will net better numbers and they should make a minimum of 3 runs between any changes. Run 1 is a warm up and 2 and 3 will give you some good average numbers so one run is not a fluke. The more you know the less likely you will get burned. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
steve j said:
Ask a few questions to let them know you know a thing or two. Ask and make sure they use a EGA (exhaust gas analyzer) for your fuel mixture on the dyno run and make sure you get hard copies that show the AF mix along with the HP and Torque curves. That tells a lot. Also a Dyno Jet brand dyno will help if you plan on using a Dyno Jet Power commander for fueling adjustments. Make sure their correction factor is set up on SAE and the smoothing is set on 5. A nice somewhat cool morning with low humidity (I know it will be a challenge in Houston) will net better numbers and they should make a minimum of 3 runs between any changes. Run 1 is a warm up and 2 and 3 will give you some good average numbers so one run is not a fluke. The more you know the less likely you will get burned. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks bro... I didn't realize there's so much to know on running a dyno.
Looking to get one run in the near future, just a stock bike. As time goes along, adding pipes, air-kit, etc... Then get another run.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
thats exactly what you want to do. completely stock first, then after each mod preferably. Thats the only way to know if your mods are working together or against one another. I only have the JSD-3M right now but from what I know it should not change dyno numbers since it is a 1-3 gear change in timing it may not even add hp but does give it better throttle response. the dyno runs are typically done in 4th or 5th gears or tested in both so the JSD-3M should not matter. I plan on waiting until a good 2-1 pipe is out then getting the power commander and intake kit of which both of those are now out then dyno with each mod to see where the power is headed. A good pipe maker will run the bike stock and then with just their pipe on it to see what the pipe alone does and thats with no jetting/fueling changes. from their it is kinda up to us to put it together since they don't make a kit with all the goodies in it but properly done on the dyno at least you will know which mods cut it and which ones don't. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
When I ran my first dyno, bike completely stock. since i put my fuel processor and pipes on together, I did not dyno individually and also had already put the metzler 260 tire, so I probably lost some horses with the wider tire. I intend to dyno after every mod.I know exactly where my mods are going(up, even or down).At Bob Lundsford you will get an air fuel reading/ horse power and torque curve reading and a copy of your runs. I should have post a copy of my run for you ConnRadd.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
moto said:
When I ran my first dyno, bike completely stock. since i put my fuel processor and pipes on together, I did not dyno individually and also had already put the metzler 260 tire, so I probably lost some horses with the wider tire. I intend to dyno after every mod.I know exactly where my mods are going(up, even or down).At Bob Lundsford you will get an air fuel reading/ horse power and torque curve reading and a copy of your runs. I should have post a copy of my run for you ConnRadd.
Or you can email it if you like... Like to check it out.
I wonder what you are getting now with all the mods...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts