M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to get me a PCV here soon and I had a question in regards to a dyno. Even with the PCV should I get the bike up on a dyno too and be worth it? Maybe just to get the most out of the bike by professionals?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ew isnt like the autotuner+ PCV like 450$? Might be better off get the Cobra's processor so it doesnt hurt my pocket.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you get the cobra and pay for a dyno tune then you just paid for the auto tune that could go with your PCV
I knew today you was going to say that! :p

Now say I get the PCV (and maybe auto tune) I was reading that FAQ saying I would need like an O2 sensor thing welded into the pipe. Which was the big reason I leaned to the cobra. I am not to sure on how this part works, but the pipe already has like an O2 sensor bolt. Would I still need that thing welded in or what?

Here is a picture of it on the pipe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I knew today you was going to say that! :p

Now say I get the PCV (and maybe auto tune) I was reading that FAQ saying I would need like an O2 sensor thing welded into the pipe. Which was the big reason I leaned to the cobra. I am not to sure on how this part works, but the pipe already has like an O2 sensor bolt. Would I still need that thing welded in or what?

Here is a picture of it on the pipe.
When did Hard Krome make side burners for the M90? Nothing on site or is that a modified M109 set? Sorry, don't mean to hijack this.....
:jacked:

·
Registered
743 Posts
hey joe you are better off getting the pcv and getting it dynoed once done you dont have to do anything unless you change something else like air and i heard that the auto tune is more for somewhere the fuel is dirty and different octane not really to get more performance out of the bike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When did Hard Krome make side burners for the M90? Nothing on site or is that a modified M109 set? Sorry, don't mean to hijack this.....
:jacked:
I bought mine from: http://www.westendmotorsports.com/boulevard-exhaust-c-309_2310_2312.html

They also show the Tri-Pro from cobra, but I called them up asking if they "Really" had either pipes in. They have the sideburners, but the tri-pro doesnt come out til June.

@Ozzy - Thanks!

Over all Ill see how this next paycheck is. Getting a PCV and dyno verses a Cobra and dyno. Going to have to call around and get prices on dynos lol.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I bought mine from: http://www.westendmotorsports.com/boulevard-exhaust-c-309_2310_2312.html

They also show the Tri-Pro from cobra, but I called them up asking if they "Really" had either pipes in. They have the sideburners, but the tri-pro doesnt come out til June.

@Ozzy - Thanks!

Over all Ill see how this next paycheck is. Getting a PCV and dyno verses a Cobra and dyno. Going to have to call around and get prices on dynos lol.
Could you post a couple pics of the bike from further back, I have a black 90 and I think I really like those, maybe not the price so much...LOL But I may have something on my birthday list!

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
if you get the cobra and pay for a dyno tune then you just paid for the auto tune that could go with your PCV
Exactly, plus that is just one Dyno. If you change your setup you get to pay over and over again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts