M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my first set of new tires on my bike. I went with the E3's, 130 on front, 250 on back.

My shop did not have a machine to balance the 250, they never bothered to tell me that before they started on it. Never the less, the bike rode much better with the new tires unbalanced than it did with the stock balanced tires.

I didn't like the fact they weren't balanced so I called around, no one here can handle a 250 so I ordered dynabeads.

I didn't like the thought of putting them in my tires but I went ahead and did it anyhow.

Installation was so easy with the little squeeze bottle applicator. At first they bound up in the hose but i found that if you gently squeeze the bottle and let it draw air back, they would just fall in about 3/4 inch of the tube at a time. It took maybe 15 mins to do both tires.

I may regret it if I ever have to get a tire fixed but i'll deal with that when/if the time comes.

The test ride was incredible. My bike has not rode that smooth since I got it. There was literally NO vibration when I was not twisting on the throttle.

If you are sitting on the fence about trying them, just do it.

I'm sure this is on this site somewhere, i just wanted to post my testamonial.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Did you buy the tires from your shop ? If you did i would be all over them for not and made them pay for your beeds.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm running stock rims but had them powdercoated black so I didn't want the ugly weights on them. Did the 2oz front & 3oz rear thing and just had the painter throw the bags in the rims when he mounted the tires.

I have no complaints and the tires run very balanced. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I started using them a year ago and besides ride quality.....they have made my tires last longer, the tread doesn't wear as fast. I assume this is because they constantly re-balance as the wheels spin.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I liked them so much in my bike that I ordered in bulk and run beads in all my vehicles. Every time the vehicle moves, the wheels get rebalanced.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I've been using beads for a while now. Best invention since the wheel.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm going to use the beads in my new wheels. Does any retailer carry the beads? Or are they a strictly online item?:dontknow:

·
Registered
738 Posts
The local Goldwing shop (www.wingstuff.com) near my work has them, and is happy to work with anyone. I stopped in and got the beads, and a pair of GWing vents about a month ago...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The local Goldwing shop (www.wingstuff.com) near my work has them, and is happy to work with anyone. I stopped in and got the beads, and a pair of GWing vents about a month ago...
Next think you know it will be a big arse fairing and some saddle bags .... you know goldwing parts will slow your bike down right ?

:joke:

If you buy the same parts made for a ducati your bike should increase in speed and power ..... it says so right there in the ad in the magazine..

:joke:

I have a set of beads at home collecting dust .... waiting to see what I do with rims and rubber this winter ..... one way or the other they are coming off the bike so I want to wait to use them on the set I am keeping.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've been using beads for a while now. Best invention since the wheel.:bigthumbsup:
:agree: Dyna Beads ROCK! They are a no brainer; especially if you have aftermarket wheels.
:agree: :agree: I've been running dyna beads since I bought my chrome wheels. I recommend them to everyone.
when I bought them, these guys had the best prices, that was 2 years ago, so that could have changed by now

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Nah, that would be the tire. Without them the wheel is just something pretty. :D

I've used the beads on my last two sets of tires. Won't leave home without them.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm running stock rims but had them powdercoated black so I didn't want the ugly weights on them. Did the 2oz front & 3oz rear thing and just had the painter throw the bags in the rims when he mounted the tires.

I have no complaints and the tires run very balanced. :bigthumbsup:
It is so wierd, the beads don't bother me one bit...but that bag floating in there would just bug the sh:edit:t out of me and I don't know why...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm going to use the beads in my new wheels. Does any retailer carry the beads? Or are they a strictly online item?:dontknow:
I bought mine local at a "scooter" shop of all places. About a dollar or more than online but no big deal. Just call around to motorcycle dealers. Or I think you can go online and hit a dealer locator button their website, I think is how I did it

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It is so wierd, the beads don't bother me one bit...but that bag floating in there would just bug the sh:edit:t out of me and I don't know why...
The bag gets pulverized by the beads, when I pulled my last tire off there was nothing but a little plastic dust and the beads. It was just easier to throw the bag in instead of putting them in through the valve stem. :bigthumbsup:

I will use nothing but dynabeads and plan on putting them in my other vehicles the next time I change the tires.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dyna Beads

thanks, for the testimonials...........Will be ordering some soon, anything to increase tread wear and make the rides smoother is great... :agree:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts