M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when I have looked dyna beads up they sell them I'm oz. It seems like there jus putting 2 oz front an rear for bigger bikes... My ? Is do I need to take them to a shop an have them spun to see how many oz I need? Or what. 300 rear 160 front is what I'm working with. Thanks

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
2 oz for the front and 3 for the rear. With the 300 4 oz might not hurt either. I just throw the bag into the tire and the plactic bag disintegrates all the beads constantly balance your tires. They are great and I recommend them all the time.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I run them, I like them. Never heard of tossing the bag in before. That's a new one to me. Have to try that next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, thanks jd. I already have the front mounted so no throwing a bag in that one but I can on the rear!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I've talked to my dealed about them. I plan on getting them when I change tire. Hate lead weights on my rims:mad: JD, that is what I heard also, to just put bag in and it breaks apart, plus if you move the nozzel out of the valve stem by accident, you have a heck of a fun time trying to clean up those slippery beads:a20:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I've talked to my dealed about them. I plan on getting them when I change tire. Hate lead weights on my rims:mad: JD, that is what I heard also, to just put bag in and it breaks apart, plus if you move the nozzel out of the valve stem by accident, you have a heck of a fun time trying to clean up those slippery beads:a20:
You would have to be a total retard to do that. The applicator bottle has a tube that slips over the stem. basically idiot proof.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I have used them for years and they do exactly what they say they will..but I never threw the bag in....just used the applicator. Always a perfect balance....ah as to idiot proof....nothing is idiot proof. Our Congress has proven that over the years.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
....ah as to idiot proof....nothing is idiot proof. Our Congress has proven that over the years.
:agree::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You would have to be a total retard to do that. The applicator bottle has a tube that slips over the stem. basically idiot proof.
Hey It took me a month to clean up those dang things, slipped and busted my a$$!!!! Just kidding, I have never used them.

I know several people that resemble your statement:a18:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I don't think that you should just throw the bag in there. They do make EZ open bags for 4 oz. and up, but if you were going to do it on a bike I would recommend asking dyna beads if its good to do that, or do it the way they recommend on their web site. I would think that it would take several hundred miles for that bag to open up. Just not that time consuming to not do it the right way. If your tire is new, just put it together then break one bead and pour them in, takes about oh maybe 1 minute? If already mounted, it can be a pain, but still not that bad, took me like 5 minutes per tire.

http://www.dynabeads.net/index.php?pr=Installation#EZInstall

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I mount the tire and take it for a ride and that will tell me how much to put in. I use a small slime bottle and it works well. all i do is hit the hose with a screw driver and it fall right in the valve stem. The least I put was one oz and up to two oz in the front. I just changed the 240 on the back and it has no dyna beads. I like checking first before I put them in. If you go by the dot on the tire that goes next to the valve stem it should come close.

I like using the dyna beads. I change my own tire and had to take the tire in to balance before. Now i do it all on the farm.

Dave
NES.stone

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
it shows both methods , throwing the bag in or pouring them in .

why the fuk would you want to throw the bag in there when you can just open it and pour them in.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
The last two tires I've mounted I've only used them in the rear. The fronts static balance just fine so I didn't bother adding them. And I get 12,000 miles on a set of E3's.

I thought the bag application was just for truck and car tires. I've always fed them in through the stem or tried pouring them on with the tire partially mounted.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
it shows both methods , throwing the bag in or pouring them in .

why the fuk would you want to throw the bag in there when you can just open it and pour them in.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
Like zoom says for trucks or cars where you may be using 20 or 30 oz. As far as balance of the tires, it can and usually does change as it wears and the dyna beads keep them in balance through the life of the tire. Perhaps even extend the life of the tire. :dontknow:

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Like zoom says for trucks or cars where you may be using 20 or 30 oz. As far as balance of the tires, it can and usually does change as it wears and the dyna beads keep them in balance through the life of the tire. Perhaps even extend the life of the tire. :dontknow:
some guys are throwing the whole bag in the bike tyre too!

spose it is a big challenge to pour them in lol:p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts