M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put dyna beads in car tires? Went on the dyna beads site and could not find a car tire chart. Maybe not recomended for cars,not sure.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Site says not recommended for car tires. It's because of the flat profile of the inside of the tire. the beads tend not to spread out evenly, but can bunch-up on either side of the tire. this throws the balance out sideways. Motorcycle tires have a curved profile, so the beads spread out on the center line of the tire.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Site says not recommended for car tires. It's because of the flat profile of the inside of the tire. the beads tend not to spread out evenly, but can bunch-up on either side of the tire. this throws the balance out sideways. Motorcycle tires have a curved profile, so the beads spread out on the center line of the tire.
Hi Steve, hey check out the Dyna Bead official site. They have charts for every tire from motorcycles to big rigs, all useing the same beads. I put them in my 4 wheeled vehicles and they seem to work great

·
Registered
292 Posts
Chief: I copied this directly from their site.:dontknow:

Why don't you have tire charts for cars, SUV's or minivans?

We don't market to cars, SUV's or minivans due to the overall style of those tires, which are low and wide. This style of tire commonly exhibits varying degrees of lateral imbalance due primarily to the width. This type of inbalance can only be corrected with carefully placed wheel weights. So that means that while Dyna Beads should not be used as the sole balancing method for these tire types, they can be used as a supplemental method.
Using a combination of weights and Dyna Beads results in higher tire mileage and a reduction, or elimination, of future rebalancing requiements. For the proper amount, click here.

·
Registered
483 Posts

We don't market to cars, SUV's or minivans due to the overall style of those tires, which are low and wide. This style of tire commonly exhibits varying degrees of lateral imbalance due primarily to the width. This type of inbalance can only be corrected with carefully placed wheel weights. So that means that while Dyna Beads should not be used as the sole balancing method for these tire types, they can be used as a supplemental method.
Using a combination of weights and Dyna Beads results in higher tire mileage and a reduction, or elimination, of future rebalancing requiements. For the proper amount, click here.
Steve,

You must be looking at the wrong product. Check out the website for dyna beads. http://innovativebalancing.com/ This site has all the charts from big rigs to scooters. Good look OP on your adventure of installing in your vehicle. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

I don't know if they were DYNA BEADS but Les Schwab had them for may truck 11-22-5 tires

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Ahhh, beads by themselves not for low profile tires. I didn't see that on the Dyna Bead site. Non of my vehicles have low profile tires, maybe that's why the beads work for me.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have to side with Steve on this one.I went back to the Dyna site and read exactly what Steve wrote.Thanks Guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts