M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it gets kind of boring on long hauls across large stretches of flat land with nothing interesting to see. To make the time go by, I installed a DVD player on the handlebars so that I can watch movies.

Now, I wouldn't think of watching T.V. while riding in traffic, but being out in the middle of nowhere is different. When there is limited, if any, traffic around, I like to watch a good movie. My last long distance ride took me to southern Illinois (where I'm originally from) and the Pennyrile Parkway through Kentucky is just plain monotonous. Hours of riding along cornfield after cornfield... boring. Time to flip on the portable DVD player.

What I did was buy one of the small, inexpensive portable DVD players and Velcro it to the handlebars and it rests on the tachometer. The DVD can run off batteries but I run the power cord to the power converter and then to the accessory plug (like a cigarette lighter in a car) and just plug it in. Presto !!! It's movie time !!!

The last film I watched was a zombie movie which was so corny it was hilarious. I probably looked weird riding my motorcycle down the highway and laughing my head off. It's a lot of fun and kills a couple hours of time.

Safe riding,

mania

G

·
Mania... for real???

DVD while riding?

man... what else r u coming up with??

Bring out the popcorn
  :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

·
Registered
443 Posts
My bike allows me to make up my own movies in my head as I fly down the road. The sound track comes from the pipes! :D :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :hot:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Same sort of puerile posts that got him ostracised under his previous name..here they are back again... Get a life Mate!

·
Registered
327 Posts
you are not cool till you have 60 inch high def plasm on your 109. i can only aford one in my house. mybe next year for me

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
kevin said:
you are not cool till you have 60 inch high def plasm on your 109. i can only aford one in my house. mybe next year for me
Sorry guys, But "COOL" is when you have your workers drive the van with the 60inch Hi def hangin off the rear so you and your posse can all view it.

Sledzep

1 - 20 of 23 Posts