M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok how in the H*LL do you keep the dust from attracting to this machine? It seems as soon as i clean it its covered again.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
wax on wax off or use a swifter for the dust.I found now that i park my bike on carpet its not as bad.

G

·
I tried keeping mine in the dining room, but the wife threatened to leave...it was definitely a decision making processs. Hope she's happy wherever the hell she is. :joke:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I tried keeping mine in the dining room, but the wife threatened to leave...it was definitely a decision making processs. Hope she's happy wherever the hell she is. :joke:
LOL:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats why i love this site you guys are a fuc**ng RIOT!!!!!!!!:a20::a20::a20::crackpipe:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I don't wipe the bike down if its dusty. I wait till it gets nice and dirty. Then i take it to a car power wash, wash her down then use the protective wax when you rinse off. Take it for a ride then wipe off the wax drops and its done. If you wipe the dust it will scratch the paint. Not that my bike looks good. :joke:.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Ok how in the H*LL do you keep the dust from attracting to this machine? It seems as soon as i clean it its covered again.:dontknow:
Let me take a wild guess....you have a black one right? That's what's fastest about them....collecting dust :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Let me take a wild guess....you have a black one right? That's what's fastest about them....collecting dust :D
:a20: You're mighty sharp today Tom! :D

I keep mine covered with an old fitted bed sheet. It slips on easily, keeps the dust off, and doesn't scratch. And my wife hasn't discovered it's missing yet. :bigthumbsup:

If it's just dust, I wipe it lightly with a California Duster. The real thing, not an imitation. And only when it's cooled off.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i like using the mini version of the california duster for wiping the light dust off the bike before and after a ride. it works great. but if your bike is a black then the dust will always be more visible on it. who cares if it is dusty in between rides, just as long as it is dust-free & looks good when you are riding it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
:a20: :a20:
I have a black nine and boy those things do attract dust. I think hink´s solution may be the best one yet...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts