M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks, thought I'd put my head above the parapet and say Hi,

Had the bike out today, still snow in the hills!!! April the 3rd, Mad or what!

Anyway as you can see I've done a bit of tinkering since I bought it new 2 years ago, still by far the best bike I've owned but something inside keeps telling me to get a Harley!

All the best from the far North of Scotland

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great looking ride:bigthumbsup: Don't get the Harley! I have several friends that ride Harley's, they laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they are all the same. Cookie cutter clones.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Show me ONE HD that looks anywhere near as cool as your bike and I might agree. Not too damn likely though. Your 9 is BAAAAD!

·
Registered
976 Posts
The Harley was a worthy aspiration before you got a nine. Now that you have a nine (and a fine one at that!) You won't be happy with the harley.

:joke:"How do you know a Harley is out of oil? :joke:

(It stops leaking. ) :duck:

·
Registered
314 Posts
My wife can not longer ride her own bike. So I will have her as a passenger on my 09. thats why I was looking to change my bike to a more comfortable one maybe a tourer.

When I was looking around to change my ride. I went from B (BMW) up to T (Triumph). Between I tried the HD..... forget it!

If you rode the 09 and felt the "all muscles" and the size of that thing. You will get a big smile in your face when you try the Harley. I is because you feel like sitting on a Bicycle. no way bro.

I still own my 09 and when it comes to 2 people I use the m90 from my wife.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i am not a fan of HD's in any way, however, it is you that has to be happy so do whatever you need to do in order to be happy. BUT i will say that your bike is very nicely done. it is clean and not overdone as to take away from the look. i really like the paint and the wheels. no harley will ever look as good as your 9 or offer you the power it has right out of the crate.

i have a question though, what is that at the end of the exhaust bracket near the swingarm cover? it looks like a little round circle with a "12" in it? :dontknow:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a question though, what is that at the end of the exhaust bracket near the swingarm cover? it looks like a little round circle with a "12" in it? :dontknow:
It's a "Road Tax Disc" every vehicle needs to display a valid one, HM Customs and Excise want to charge for everything, so not only do we pay super inflated prices for petrol in the UK, We also have to pay a road fund tax for the privilege of dodging pot holes!!! :edit:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts