M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been running Metz for some time now and like them. Was thinking about giving the local sport shop some biz. Got a price on line and took it to the sport shop to see what they could do. They came up with a Duro stock size for $84.00. Same prise as the Metz on sale on line.

I get the tire on the bike and it handles nice on the corners. Love the feel. I get to eye balling it and it looks fatter then the stocker. Hmmm. So i check the size. Its a stock number. Hmmm. Look closer at the tire and its wider. I see that your on less rubber straight up and when you lay the bike over your on lots more rubber. Thought to myself. What a good idea. Running this tire for a bit now I find i'm using more of the side of the tire then the metz meaning more rubber on the road. The tire is more flat on the outer edge. The other thing i like about it its a much deeper and wider tread like a rain tire. I kinda see why they say I'm going to get more miles on it. Seems to be the same compound as the Metz. Its also more stable on the corners.

I'm going to look into a 280 in the Duro. If they can come up with a nice shape front tire. I'm hopping they make a 280 with the same idea. Its all about more rubber on the road.

Dave @ NES.stone

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
What tire did you use i see the make two that would work? i did see that one other is a 140/70/18 that might be why its wider

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I'm going to look into. A 280 in a Duro. Or at least see what their biggest tire would be.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Comparing Taiwanese Duro tires to Metzlers? :eek:
You post some funny stuff bro... but this takes the cake.

Even their trailer tires are a joke. Google bro...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Been running Metz for some time now and like them. Was thinking about giving the local sport shop some biz. Got a price on line and took it to the sport shop to see what they could do. They came up with a Duro stock size for $84.00. Same prise as the Metz on sale on line.

I get the tire on the bike and it handles nice on the corners. Love the feel. I get to eye balling it and it looks fatter then the stocker. Hmmm. So i check the size. Its a stock number. Hmmm. Look closer at the tire and its wider. I see that your on less rubber straight up and when you lay the bike over your on lots more rubber. Thought to myself. What a good idea. Running this tire for a bit now I find i'm using more of the side of the tire then the metz meaning more rubber on the road. The tire is more flat on the outer edge. The other thing i like about it its a much deeper and wider tread like a rain tire. I kinda see why they say I'm going to get more miles on it. Seems to be the same compound as the Metz. Its also more stable on the corners.

I'm going to look into a 280 in the Duro. If they can come up with a nice shape front tire. I'm hopping they make a 280 with the same idea. Its all about more rubber on the road.

Dave @ NES.stone
Bro, you make me laugh. All your posts are in bold, make no sense, and take up space, but I guess I'm the idiot for responding. Keep it real and try to come down to planet earth sometime.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know where you got that name. But its not on this tire. I'm all about facts. Just took that tire throw a corner that i like and it didn't do the metz wiggle and thats all that matters. And i have more rubber on the road then the Metz. That matters even more. Mets only uses about a 1/3 of the tire. This tire uses the whole surface. Fact.

Some might say they don't like slime but you watch how many people run it till the bitter end of a tire life. I have done it with three tires so far.

Hey SeaPuppy Total Recall { Open your mind } :joke:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts

Hey SeaPuppy Total Recall { Open your mind } :joke:
My mind is always open. Fortunately God blessed me with not being an idiot.:bigthumbsup:

Good luck with your new-found shoes bro. You may want to check out Cheng Shin while you're looking for cult tires. :bigthumbsup:

I don't like reading aftermath posts from injured fellow 109ers here. Or worse, from their families. Please don't become a statistic. I enjoy reading your stuff. You remind me of good old Mania. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
My mind is always open. Fortunately God blessed me with not being an idiot.:bigthumbsup:

Good luck with your new-found shoes bro. You may want to check out Cheng Shin while you're looking for cult tires. :bigthumbsup:

I don't like reading aftermath posts from injured fellow 109ers here. Or worse, from their families. Please don't become a statistic. I enjoy reading your stuff. You remind me of good old Mania. :doorag:
:agree: AMEN!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now now SeaPuppy, lets have no name calling.

Your going to hurt my forum feelings..

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
ahhh............no comment

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did some riding today and all i can say is I LOVE THIS TIRE. This tire is stable on the corners. Make you want to get on it when your in the corners. No more wiggle. At this point I like it better then the Metz.

Dave.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
It looks like all they make those in is a bias ply. I'm surprised it works very well with the radial rear tire.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm totally shocked myself. I think i notice that they make a tire that goes on front and back.

Looks like I'm staying with the Metz on the back. They don't make a fat tire.
Just got to order some dyno beads. Don't like the lead on my front rim.

G

·
It is extremely dangerous to mix bias ply and radial tires on a motorcycle. It will cause an instability at high speeds. At what speed, and when, is a chance I would not recommend taking. Ask any tire manufacturer if you don't want to believe me. You're taking a big risk my friend.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
It is extremely dangerous to mix bias ply and radial tires on a motorcycle. It will cause an instability at high speeds. At what speed, and when, is a chance I would not recommend taking. Ask any tire manufacturer if you don't want to believe me. You're taking a big risk my friend.
I was waiting for you to chime in on this one Dana. It was just a matter of time.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only instability I had was with the Metz wiggle on the corners at high speeds. And now its gone. I've been high speeds with no instability. And I'll say it again. I LOVE IT.

I love it. I'm running a 280 on a stock rim and a bias tire in the front. I love being different. :joke:

·
Registered
503 Posts
The only instability I had was with the Metz wiggle on the corners at high speeds. And now its gone. I've been high speeds with no instability. And I'll say it again. I LOVE IT.

I love it. I'm running a 280 on a stock rim and a bias tire in the front. I love being different. :joke:
Your different all right

1 - 20 of 43 Posts