M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some FYI's when doing your PC3 installs:

1.) Buy a couple of extra fasteners (type A and B) most likely you will destroy at least one of them during the install. I bought a small nail puller that works great for getting these out without destroying the plastic around the fastener.
2.) Since you have most of the big parts off the bike don't forget to clean and polish up everything before putting it all back together
3.) I have 5 mods I'm doing before I take the bike over to the dyno and I am waiting for my pipes. There is only one place locally that has a dynojet dyno setup and can do custom maps. It runs around $90 but not sure if that includes their map and how many runs you get.
4.) If anything needs to be serviced now is the time.
5.) I also used a little WD40 to help get the airbox back on. Just a little around the rubber and metal areas before they go onto the throttle bodies. Also the long screws on the clamps were all bent so I replaced those.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will get my PC III put on tomorrow. Where can I find a map for Cobra Dragsters with baffles, stock air kit?
I would be grateful for som help.

Jesper
If he has time he will run it thru the dyno to ($100) :-(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some of the mods I'll be doing - I'm slowing down on them because of the heat and I am still waiting for my pipes (Sideburners) before I go to the dyno.

1.) Side Burners (supposed to be here end f Aug - LOL)
2.) New SAG grips
3.) new horn
4.) JSR3
5.) side mounted lic. plate
6.) Cut the rear lights and install LEDs under the fender for turn signals
7.) PC3
8.) New gel seat

·
Registered
267 Posts
$90 sounds real cheap for a full mapping of a bike. I usually hear it runs for anywhere between $250-$300. It takes about 90-150 minutes to do a full mapping. The number of pulls could be more than 10-12 depending how much adjusting needs to be made to the fuel levels in all of the different rpm ranges. If you get this done for $90, you're getting a bargain. Just make sure the guys doing it aren't charging $90 because they don't know what they're doing.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
montoya32 said:
$90 sounds real cheap for a full mapping of a bike. I usually hear it runs for anywhere between $250-$300. It takes about 90-150 minutes to do a full mapping. The number of pulls could be more than 10-12 depending how much adjusting needs to be made to the fuel levels in all of the different rpm ranges. If you get this done for $90, you're getting a bargain. Just make sure the guys doing it aren't charging $90 because they don't know what they're doing.
+1

Dyno tuning a PCIII is very time consuming and requires special equipment and expertise and is therefore a pretty expensive process. If you aren't paying $200+ then you should be suspicious about the quality of what you are getting. :doorag:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for getting back to you all so late but I have been on the road looking for a job.

The grip are SAC grip not SAG sorry for the typo, their web site is www.coolsac.com

I am waiting for my sideburners before going to the dyno and I have not called or gotten a quote yet. Guess I'll have to go to the bank again for some more of the green stuff. My truck is eating a large hole in what's left of my accounts. With the temp around here over 104 for the last four weeks I can't wait to finish these mods and ride!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts