M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having problems getting their hands on a Dunnie Elite 3 , 250/40 R-18???? I ordered  matching front and rear tires on April 17. Got the front tire in three days which was great. Still haven't received the rear three months later. Contacted the on-line Dealer and was informed that Dunnie is not making shipping dates??? The tire was due May 28, then June 28 and now I've been informed that it may not be available until the middle of August!!!!

When I originally placed my order I had just over 2K on my bike. There's 4200 on the clock and if I hit any wet roads I'm going to be screwed. Called a different supplier yesterday and was informed they are also out of the Dunnie 250. They hooked me up with a Avon Venom R 250/40 R-18 and I should have this tire by Tuesday. This tire was a lot more compared to the Dunnie....salesman told me "that's the way it is with imported tires".  Never cancelled the original Dunnie I ordered! Hopefully I'll have it before the Venom wears out :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

·
Let us know how that avon works out for ya....I dont remmeber anyone using the avon yet...I'm pretty sure the metz 260 ...is gonna go on mine....... :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One day late but it arrived. Was working in the garage on my side mount when the UPS truck stops....low and behold the driver exits the truck with the Avon Venom R, 250/40-R18. As he walks up the driveway with a smile I start grinning and he asks "looks like you've been waiting for this?? He only stop for a sec to look at the 109 and was awed at the style of the bike.

About the Venom R. It's massive....a true 10 inches wide like the Dunnie 250. I can't believe how deep the thread is on this tire. This tire was more than the Dunnie but looking at the construction of the tire, I think I'll get my moneys worth. Not sure what kind of tire compound is used on this tire, but from what I recall of the stock D221 240 Dunnie the center area of the tire thread appears twice as deep.

I'll be off to the local repair garage to do the tire change before the weekend :) :) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts