M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yeah it does look good. Doesn't look quite as full as the Metz 160 to me but maybe that's not a bad thing. Let us know how it handles please. I forget is this Dunnie 160 being run backwards like the Metz 160 as well?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it does look good. Doesn't look quite as full as the Metz 160 to me but maybe that's not a bad thing. Let us know how it handles please. I forget is this Dunnie 160 being run backwards like the Metz 160 as well?
Yup :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you test rode it yet? How does it feel and corner?
Hahaha....sorry you'll have to wait another 3-4 months for a report....tis winter with here with lots off white sh1tty stuff :D

As for the Metz 160...I doubt it is wider cos with the Dunnie there is very little space between the tire and the side of the fender :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think you are the first to do that mod with that tire .... ;) thx to you, i will have to choose between that tire and Metzeler soon .... :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I like it a lot, the tread pattern looks like it would wear better than the prone to cup stock duny...... how much and where did you get it? Thanks

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you are the first to do that mod with that tire .... ;) thx to you, i will have to choose between that tire and Metzeler soon .... :D
Good luck :bigthumbsup:

Personally I went for Dunnie for looks....I think the Metz looks like a tractor tire :a20:

BTW...this JMHFO :bigthumbsup: :D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like it a lot, the tread pattern looks like it would wear better than the prone to cup stock duny...... how much and where did you get it? Thanks
Can't really help ya there as I am in Europe....try a Google :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Here ya go....I'm not very good with a camera :D
Glad you got over the shakes long enough to take the pics, ya old geezer. :D

I'm glad you posted that Kev, I was wondering what it actually looked like on a bike. I like the tread pattern and the fit. :bigthumbsup:

Have a Merry Christmas too bro!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Thats A 160/60/18 right, Kev? And where and, how much was it? Santa is going to hook me up with new sneakers, and I like that one you put on! I've ran a 160 before and loved it with the 250 on the rear so let me know please.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You can get that Dunlop Roadsmart 160/60/18 for 140$ and Dunlop elite 3 250/40/18 for 152$, with Dyna Beads 5 Oz. Kit 17$ at jakewilson.com
That with K&N Air Filters and Redline Full Synthetic with K&N Oil Filter and Scythe 2 Mirrors are going to be my Winter maintenance/mods. Did the math around 500$. Tax return here I come!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I also have the 160 Dunlop Roadsmart. It is larger than the other 160's I've seen, those being a Pirelli Angel and another Dunlop. On hot days it will drag gravel through the inside fender, scraping all the way(I did not do the fender bolt thing). There are about 3-5mm of clearance to the fender. Also, it will grab a wheel chock if you're not careful, so make sure the chock is anchored. I love the tire, it tracks well, has great grip, even in the wet, and is really not so bothered by cracks/grooves in the pavement. So far, mileage looks to be very good.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I also have the 160 Dunlop Roadsmart. It is larger than the other 160's I've seen, those being a Pirelli Angel and another Dunlop. On hot days it will drag gravel through the inside fender, scraping all the way(I did not do the fender bolt thing). There are about 3-5mm of clearance to the fender. Also, it will grab a wheel chock if you're not careful, so make sure the chock is anchored. I love the tire, it tracks well, has great grip, even in the wet, and is really not so bothered by cracks/grooves in the pavement. So far, mileage looks to be very good.
When it pulls gravel through the fender does it do any visible damage? I'm thinking about a 160 front but I do occasionally get on gravel and they repair the roads around here with that pea gravel stuff so I'm not sure. Don't want visible damage on my front fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't get it

Sorry if I sound dumb:
I understand using a rear tire to get the size and look you want, but why mount it backwards?
What effect does that have on grip/handling/and wet roads?
:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts