M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:

Not sure how many of you have been trying to get a Dunnie Elite 3 250/40-R18 but it seems like a impossible task. I had one on order for over 5 months and finally cancelled it yesterday. Someone said they are on "National Backorder" whatever the he_l that means! I'm currently running a Venom R 250/40-R-18, which replaced the stocker, and it seems to be wearing really well. Got almost 3500 miles on it and not a sign of wear! When I cancelled the Elite 3 I took a credit and applied it to a Metz 280/35-R18. I should have that tire in 6 to 10 days and I'll have that on hand when the Venom is retired! Got the best price on the 280 from DLP, our sponsor :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't buy one they are nothing to write home about had 3 tire's on my bike so far, and the metzler was my favorite till I ran over a nail.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought 2 when i bought the bike I have a brand spanking new one sitting in my shed and nobody wants to but it looks like I will be making a really FAT clock for the rumpus room :bigthumbsup: Oh and before you ask I am in Brisbane Australia ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
bob109 said:
Folks:

Not sure how many of you have been trying to get a Dunnie Elite 3 250/40-R18 but it seems like a impossible task. I had one on order for over 5 months and finally cancelled it yesterday. Someone said they are on "National Backorder" whatever the he_l that means! I'm currently running a Venom R 250/40-R-18, which replaced the stocker, and it seems to be wearing really well. Got almost 3500 miles on it and not a sign of wear! When I cancelled the Elite 3 I took a credit and applied it to a Metz 280/35-R18. I should have that tire in 6 to 10 days and I'll have that on hand when the Venom is retired! Got the best price on the 280 from DLP, our sponsor :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
hi bob... other than size availablity... is there any other reason you are switching from Avon to Metz????.. I think I'll stay in the 260 range for my next tire... i didn't like the looks of the 280 on a stocker...tia...mjm

·
Registered
168 Posts
Crap I just wore my stock tire too the cords ( that last little bit of rubber after the wear markers disappeared in a week of very little riding :eek: ) I ordered the Elite 3 on last Wednesday and they said it'd be here middle of this week. Sure hope they knew what they were talking about .Shudda ordered one a long time ago .Got 12000 Kilometers or 7500 Miles out of it by the way.
Dave

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm the one who was told that the 250 Elite was on "National backorder". I took it as "If you really want one, we can order it and you'll get it whenever. Don't call us, we'll call you... when it gets here." :dontknow:
So I put a 240 Metz on the the rear. I have nothing but praise for how it handles and it seems to be wearing really well, too :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Gr8 news. Now let me get this so I know when my turn comes. You can put a (go up to 250) on the stock rim?? How much does the 240 / 250 tire cost??

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aceventura said:
hi bob... other than size availablity... is there any other reason you are switching from Avon to Metz????.. I think I'll stay in the 260 range for my next tire... i didn't like the looks of the 280 on a stocker...tia...mjm
I want the "Pro Street" look of the 280...10.5 inches wide mounted to the stock rim :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts