M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Dunlop Elite 3 250 on the stock wheel. Am I mistaken when I say the outer diameter of the Dunlop is larger then the 240 because technically its made for a wider wheel and the stock wheel does not alow the Dunlop to lay as flat as it should.
I noticed a decrease in top speed with the Dunlop that would make sense if this is true.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
The E3 250 fits fine on the stock 8.5" rim. If you check the specs for the tire that's the recommended rim size.

As far as a reduction in top speed, the 250 is a taller tire so you're going faster at the same rpm. It doesn't quite correct the speedometer so it reads correctly, but it's a couple mph closer at 60 mph. With the stock tire 60 mph indicated is closer to 55 mph, with the 250 it's about 57-58 mph.

Run it at the recommended pressure and it has a nice round profile. Don't run it much lower than that or it feels unstable in turns.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
The E3 250 fits fine on the stock 8.5" rim. If you check the specs for the tire that's the recommended rim size.

As far as a reduction in top speed, the 250 is a taller tire so you're going faster at the same rpm. It doesn't quite correct the speedometer so it reads correctly, but it's a couple mph closer at 60 mph. With the stock tire 60 mph indicated is closer to 55 mph, with the 250 it's about 57-58 mph.

Run it at the recommended pressure and it has a nice round profile. Don't run it much lower than that or it feels unstable in turns.
:agree: There are thousands of members on here that run the E3 250 with no issues.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I rin the E3 250 on mine and have no problems with it. At 70mph on my speedo, my GPS shows about 66 mph so it is still off. As far as top speed, my GPS has a recorded maximum speed of 132 mph, and that with the Corbin saddle bags and my 250 lb self on her. I think I could of got a few more mphs out of her but it started feeling a bit squirly. Is'nt that fast enough for a cruiser??? :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I rin the E3 250 on mine and have no problems with it. At 70mph on my speedo, my GPS shows about 66 mph so it is still off. As far as top speed, my GPS has a recorded maximum speed of 132 mph, and that with the Corbin saddle bags and my 250 lb self on her. I think I could of got a few more mphs out of her but it started feeling a bit squirly. Is'nt that fast enough for a cruiser??? :dontknow:
At that speed you have past cruising. :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts