M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Putting a Dunlop 250 on my 9 this weekend. Will turning be different, what can I expect?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great improvement over stock tires. Easier cornering, longer thread life.

Original Dunnies on mine lasted 11,000 kms ( about 6500 miles) E3s have over 10,000 Kms on them an not even half worn

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
You'll love it! Had mine on for about 4000 miles now, greatly improved from stock tire.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just ove 12,000 on mine. Great wear, great grip. Have a new set sitting here waiting for the current to wear out, probably get another 1,000-1,500 out of them. Normal riding, took the corners hard once in awhile, and 1 mild burn-out last year just showing off. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Got 5,000 + miles on mine, and still, easily, have more than half the tread still showing. So it appears like a 10,000 mile + tire. I take corners pretty hard, and it is a great handling tire. But truthfully, I never had any complaints with the stockers, got 11,000 out of the stock rear and thought it handled well too.

Yes I'll be getting another 250 when this one wears out, probably next year sometime.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seriously,after break in I was very happy with mine. But as the miles added up it felt like it wasn't holding in deep cornering like it was when new. Especially on cold roads. This past weekend I did a little unintentional drifting. The tire seriously only has about 3500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It will handle a lot better.It is not as flat as the stocker,I have put 13,000 miles on mine.For the price you cant bet it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I got 7000 miles on the stocker and I have 8500 miles on the E3. It's wearing well and I have been very comfortable with the tire cornering hard or just all around maneuvering. The wet handling has been exceptional at speeds of 70 on the interstate.

I went with balancing beads and I got the E3 up front as well.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
You'll noticed it's more tire to roll over. At least I did! But like anything you'll get used to it. I get around 6,500 miles out of the 250. Yet there is some here that get 11k:dontknow: GO FIGURE!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I doubt you'll notice much difference in handling other then the grip...I'm on my second set...there are better tires out there, but not for the same money!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i got 7500 out of my first E3, i am hard on tires, im on my second one! just put my metz 160 on the front! love it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I doubt you'll notice much difference in handling other then the grip...I'm on my second set...there are better tires out there, but not for the same money!
The difference I noticed is, it is round, The stocker 240 I took off, the guy previous must have liked doing burnouts, Had a nice 3" flat spot right in the middle LOL.

9500 miles o n the stocker, when i bought the bike.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The difference I noticed is, it is round, The stocker 240 I took off, the guy previous must have liked doing burnouts, Had a nice 3" flat spot right in the middle LOL.

9500 miles o n the stocker, when i bought the bike.
No, he was just afraid to lean over. :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
No, he was just afraid to lean over. :D
:D I guess it was a good thing he got rid of er, Nothing like owning a beast and not driving er like she was meant to be driven..............:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,958 Posts
I'm on my second set of them and will do them again. Much better handling than stock and longer life to boot. Good tires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts