M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm out riding Saturday morning, and I meet up with a friend about 30 miles from home. We hop in her car to grab some lunch and as we're backing out of the spot, I take a look at my rear tire an see this...(See Pic).

So now I'm thinking "OH ****" now what. I'm 30 miles from home-there's no way I can ride on this tire-but luckily there is a Suzuki dealer only 3 miles from the parking lot that my bike is sitting in, and believe it or not they have a tire in stock, AND can put it on! Problem solved! The guy did charge me an arm and a leg, but in the long run it was still cheeper then if I had to get the bike towed.

-BTW the tire had 10,990 miles on it: I don't do burnouts, but I do A LOT of highway riding, which is why the center wore down quicker then the sides. I figured the tire was almost shot, but my 11,000 mile service was coming up & I thought I could make it till then. So the moral of the story is don't forget to look at your back tire once in a while. :bigthumbsup:

Stay Safe,

Brian

G

·
That is alot of miles PASSED unsafe!

Be very very careful, you've used up all of the luck alotment for this year.

·
Registered
461 Posts
:yikes::yikes::yikes: you get the :#1::#1: for the most worn tire without blowing out.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I guess that you can say that you learned a VALUABLE lesson from that whole situation. Check your stinkin' bike before EVERY ride! The MSF teaches T-CLOCS for a reason. Now that you have a new tire and hopefully a more vigilant attitude you can "ride safe"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jesus....do we really need to scold this guy like this? I think he got the point and was trying to impress on others not to make the same mistake. That is a hell of a pic though.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Jesus....do we really need to scold this guy like this? I think he got the point and was trying to impress on others not to make the same mistake. That is a hell of a pic though.
Yep!!! We sure do! :welcome:to the forum!:bigthumbsup:

And by the way, I asked Jesus if we needed to scold him too. He said "Yes, my son.".:duck:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Jesus....do we really need to scold this guy like this?
I wouldn't exactly call that scolding...None of us want to see someone seriously hurt or killed because they didn't take the time to do a simple pre-ride check, especially when it comes to checking your tires.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hink...that's funny.

Alright then...keep blasting him. I suspect he won't make the same knucklehead mistake again but keep piling on if you want. I know the state of my tires so I'm good.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Hink...that's funny.

Alright then...keep blasting him. I suspect he won't make the same knucklehead mistake again but keep piling on if you want. I know the state of my tires so I'm good.
Maybe after blasting him, will make someone check their tires today. A life may have been saved today!:#1:

·
Registered
275 Posts
And by the way, I asked Jesus if we needed to scold him too. He said "Yes, my son.".:duck:
AMEN!:D I don't know about the rest of you guys/gals but its almost a habit of mine to take a quick look at the bike, any leaks, tires and lights. I do it and don't even really realize it.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hell I just replaced mine and they still had some tread :eek:

So I guess he did some service :hot: :#1: :D ??? :edit: :redfaced: :congrats: :cop: :joke: :-\ :-[:eek: ^-^ :verymad::evil: :bigthumbsup: 8) :'( :doorag: :dontknow: :-* :p ;)wait ....I like that one :-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey! Whats the problem? Seems to me he got the MAXIMUM wear he could out of that tyre! :dontknow:
No point in wasting money if it's still running? :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ouch, thats scary, I put a piece of polished stainless steel into the bottom panel of my garage door, so It is like a dull mirror, I can hit the brakes and blinkers to verify they work without having to bend around to look. Us short guys can be creative..LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts