M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

Dang,,,,,,,,,,,, that's radical........... 8 pistons 2 connecting rods????? Woooooooo they will have to be stout LOL

WTH all that work for 80 HP?

The engine has yet to be fired, but is said to generate about 80 hp, about the same as the Ducati's original 900ss V-twin set-up. Progressive thinking like this is one reason that I love being tied to automobiles and motorcycles as you simply never know what kind of new advancements are going to surface. Way to go Dieter… way to go.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Ingenious!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ya, seriously 80hp and 800cc's? What Ducati vtwin is only 200cc's? And what motorcycle has a v-6?

"Motorcycle [COLOR=blue ! important]engines[/COLOR] come in a host of different configurations. There's the V-twin, inline-4, parallel twin, V4, V6 and the triple and by some miracle of modern engineering they all seem to work well on a regular basis."

I know there have been inline 6's and horizontally opposed 6's in motorcycles, have never seen a v-6? And "by some miracle of modern engineering" they are simple internal combustion engines designed in the 19th century!!!! Stupid comment.

All ridicule aside, that is a very interesting engine design, that could cut down on alot of weight not having connecting rods with a full length crank and counter balancing weights. I love seeing different engine designs like the Wankel engine, and the Dyna-Cam airplane engine:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Dang,,,,,,,,,,,, that's radical........... 8 pistons 2 connecting rods????? Woooooooo they will have to be stout LOL

WTH all that work for 80 HP?

The engine has yet to be fired, but is said to generate about 80 hp, about the same as the Ducati's original 900ss V-twin set-up. Progressive thinking like this is one reason that I love being tied to automobiles and motorcycles as you simply never know what kind of new advancements are going to surface. Way to go Dieter… way to go.
I just wanna hear what it sounds like........:drool:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Engines!

Way back in the '70's,when Kawasaki was designing the Z1300,A V6 engine was mulled,built and tested in one of their proto type bikes,but was dumped in favour for the engine that the bike was released with.Would like to see that bike in the flesh if it still exists.There are some really smart people out there,and they build some really amazing machines in their garages which is cool.Wish I had that talent. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts