M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of a charity ride (The Policemans memorial ride to remember in southern New Jersey) While backing in to park, I turned full right after advancing the throttle the throttle stuck in that position, I lost my grip on the clutch the bike lurched forward and over she went. Luckily there were four rather large riders who caught me before much damage was done. Loosened the left rearview and bent the shift arm. didn't get hurt, only a sore left thigh. Still I am not very happy about this throttle problem it only happened in a full right turn.
Any suggestions as to why this happenned?
Olddog

·
Registered
343 Posts
J R said:
Driver error. Throttle cable not routed properly pulling the gas on slightly when bike is turned all the way.Still wouldnt have anything to do with the clutch tho.I think ya boobooed a little but need to re route that cable or take it to your dealer ASAP. Good luck and glad ya where not hurt :bigthumbsup:
+1

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah! Check to see if ya have any play in the cable. You should be able to move the bar left,and right without any rpm change. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
to solve the throttle problem

don't know why but when suzuki attached the throttle cables with the o-ring and a tie strap below the risers they put it in the wrong place. cut the tie strap and move the o-ring to the right and attach it to the brake hose near the right fork tube(about 3 inches) your calbes will not pull over top of the risers and get so tight. you'll have no more trouble.

longrider

G

·
Sorry to hear about you tipping over your bike...

Once I forgot to unlock the neck of my sabre and I started rolling... Let's just say I have not been more glad of having crash bars... Maybe you need to onsider some for your M109R...
:bigthumbsup:

G

·
olddog said:
At the end of a charity ride (The Policemans memorial ride to remember in southern New Jersey)Â While backing in to park, I turned full right after advancing the throttle the throttle stuck in that position, I lost my grip on the clutch the bike lurched forward and over she went. Luckily there were four rather large riders who caught me before much damage was done. Loosened the left rearview and bent the shift arm. didn't get hurt, only a sore left thigh. Still I am not very happy about this throttle problem it only happened in a full right turn.
Any suggestions as to why this happenned?
Olddog
Throttle problem? Maybe you should blame the gas station where you filled your tank. Afterall, without gas in the tank none of this would have happened. Also, it's a lot safer backing up your bike when it's not in gear. Be more careful next time. Glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
775 Posts
you know when you walked away those bikers started laughing at you lol. seriously, glad you weren't hurt. it's a big bike to have come down on you. glad the bike didn't take serious damage.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
10 bucks says he raised the handlebars and didn't reroute.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
phaed said:
10 bucks says he raised the handlebars and didn't reroute.
I raised mine too and didn't reroute...... didn't have too..............

·
Registered
441 Posts
keep it in neutral when you park . also some times when i park this bike backing it up on a slight hill is hard because it is heavy .so i will get off the bike and push it back don't care what people think. better then dropping it

·
Registered
443 Posts
Drop the trans. in neutral and kill the engine. No chance of throttle influence. I'd check the cable routing just to be sure.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for all the info i will follow everyones suggestions I sure am glad I joined this group I can't believe after dropping my ride the only damage was a loose left mirror and a slightly bent shift arm. that I was able to straighten. I guess I just panicked and my hand slipped off the clutch at two grand in first,no physical damage just hurt my pride.
OLDDOG

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I can show you what you get when you mix worn out boots and a slick garage floor :eek: .......................................................................

dropped mine Saturday night , was backing up.... foot slipped and all there was left to do was try to get under the bike to slow its fall :redfaced: :dontknow: ............ the boots are to be burned when I get a new pair :verymad:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Bonehead said:
I can show you what you get when you mix worn out boots and a slick garage floor :eek: .......................................................................

dropped mine Saturday night , was backing up.... foot slipped and all there was left to do was try to get under the bike to slow its fall :redfaced: :dontknow: ............ the boots are to be burned when I get a new pair :verymad:
Hate to hear about this happening to you guys.. especially when it results in damage (which I think is probably always). This is something I'm SUPER paranoid about myself and I get a puckered sphinctre every time I see someone even walk past my bike when its parked. Got the shivers right now as a matter of fact... oh.. never mind, thats the ceiling fan :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: to solve the throttle problem

longrider said:
don't know why but when suzuki attached the throttle cables with the o-ring and a tie strap below the risers they put it in the wrong place.   cut the tie strap and move the o-ring to the right and attach it to the brake hose near the right fork tube(about 3 inches)  your calbes will not pull over top of the risers and get so tight. you'll have no more trouble.

longrider
Hi LONGRIDER i checked the cables, and with the handlebars straight ahead the cables are just to the left of the right rizer when i turn to the right the cables tighten up hang up on the rizer. if I hold them to the right it seems to be ok, the problem is if you advance the throttle before you turn right it will not return to idle when you release the throttle and at the same time i lost my grip on the clutch, the result the dreaded drop
should I reposistion the cables to the right of the rizer?
OLDDOG

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Nope mine stays at idle with the bars at full left/right. Throttled up and moving to full lock left/right - returns to idle. also, there was mention of an o-ring and tie-wraps, my throttle cable and some other cable (Probably the brake cable) have one tiewrap an inch or so away from the grip. I guess mine don't bind. So far it is OK. JOHN

1 - 18 of 18 Posts