M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the bike to work and parked it on the other side of the parking lot. A few minutes after I went inside the guy that owns the storage shed I parked in front of came in and asked if I could move my bike so he could get his antique car out. Rather than starting it up to move it, I thought I'd just drift it across the lot. That worked OK until I had to turn up a slight grade to where I usually park it. You can't paddle this beast uphill.

I started to get off to push it and my foot sit down on top of a rock about the size of a marble and started to kick out. I was trying to get off and my right leg got caught on my driver's backrest, and over it went. We have a dumpster with a wood fence around it and it partially pinned me to the fence. A guy I work with saw it go over and came running to help me, and between the two of us I got out from under it and we got it back up.

Good news, no noticeable damage. After we looked for a few minutes we found some light scratches on the bottom of the kickstand and some concrete dust on the clevis of the foot peg. I have the Cycle House kickstand with the holes in it and I think being thicker it rested on that and never touched the crash bars or anything else.

Lesson learned, if you're going to get off this thing put the kickstand down first. I was in a hurry and planned on just getting off and pushing it the last couple feet, and being off balance it went over easily. If the fence hadn't been there the tanks and controls were positioned to land right on the curb and it would have had a lot of damage.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Zoom sorry to hear that :-[ but glad you and the 109 is all ok :D

Bigeh..

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Zoom, Glad to hear it was not damaged. I too have gotten in a hurry and have been lucky so far. This bike is alot heaver than my old 1100 Shadow. I try to remember that every time I feel like doing something stupid:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have only had my history of bikes go over while stopped. Sucks, but you got off easy and remided us all of a good lesson.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad you are both ok. Those beasts are heavy. Take care.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
So sorry to hear about the fall, but I'm glad that both you and the bike came out of it virtually unharmed. A lesson for us all! ;):bigthumbsup:

G

·
Alls well that ends well my friend, glad it was an inexpensive reminder.

Thank your lucky stars that you're not kicking yourself for needless damage. :doh:

You can keep ridin' & smilin'. :p

You know your rescuer is never going to let you live it down though. :D

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up! :eek:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Same thing happened to me but it was in grass good thing it was about 2 weeks over due for cutting didn't hurt anything makes you feel bad just the same glad you both came out OK.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
:eek: ok Mike you might be ahead of me on miles...but I'm still way out on you for drops and knock downs. :D You are a rather lucky fella to escape with out harm to you or the bike...I always manage to bruise or scrape one....or the other...or both :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
that sucks!!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts