M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much it changes the ride of the bike with it dropped? It looks really trick when its slammed but I do alot of riding in NY and some of the roads aren't the smoothest. I don't wanna do it n then regret it because my :edit: :edit: is killing me. Also does it affect the turning at all or the lean? Finally how much and what is involved in lowering the 109?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Do a search on lowering. There are so many threads on this subject. In fact, there are at least 3 or 4 topics on the first page of the General and Tech section alone.

G

·
Loads of stuff so I'd look at the search, as for the your ?? I have mine lowered and I don't notice the difference, I've only bottomed out once and that was all my fault it would have bottomed if it wasn't lowered.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
firecat said:
Loads of stuff so I'd look at the search, as for the your ?? I have mine lowered and I don't notice the difference, I've only bottomed out once and that was all my fault it would have bottomed if it wasn't lowered.
Heather, what the hell did you do to bottom out that suspension with your 105# body? Jump a ramp or something?

G

·
no I was just being a moron and didn't notice the sharp incline and drop on the other side, It got rather ruff and I hit everything wrong and hit the underside, I didn't bottom out on flat ground I don't think this bike can do that. I did however get air and it came down hard on some ruff stuff bottoming out and causing me to eat the tank :redfaced:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It changed my ride quite a bit. I could not ride it at all till the lady behind me helped me pick it back up. The drop scratched the chrome on two heat shields. My advice is do not drop. :read:

Doc

·
Registered
844 Posts
Assuming that this is a serious inquiry -- if you like the look, but are afraid of the effect on the ride -- your answer is the LaMonster air-ride kit -- which allows you to lower (or to RAISE above stock) with the push of a button.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ditto on the air ride. That will be my choice after my orthopedic surgeon told me to give it up (riding).
I also like being to able to raise it in the twisties to quicken the steering a bit.
Jer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts