M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out for my usual Sunday evening ride on some rurual roads east of Dallas. The roads are great to ride on because they are curvy and pretty smooth. I had just finished a few nice leans into the curves and decided to ride more cautiously because I knew a cross highway was coming up soon. Just as I got down to a good speed and a was riding a relaxed pace a jeep jumps into my lane coming head on towards me trying to pass another car. I hit the brakes really hard (those Goodridge lines do their job) and get as close to the edge as I can (because these roads have little or no shoulder) but he keeps coming right at me. Just as I am ready to take my chances with the ditch to my right the vehicle he is passing brakes hard and moves out his way and he gets out of my lane. Had the other guy not helped me out by getting over quickly it was me and the ditch or a headon with a speeding truck. The other vehicle never slows and never even looks my way as he passes. I read the post by Hal and the comments of others on one of the other threads and though I am usually very peaceful it makes me want to hurt them when they disregard my life like that fool did today. They dont seem to understand that one wrong move from them and it is not an insurance claim for us.....it is organ donation!!! I pray for you guys everyday cause it is getting really crazy out there.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wow, we need to start getting license plates of these guys, finding out their home address, and then ALL of this site membership needs to send them hate mail... getting them to realize slowly but surely that they need to WATCH OUT for bikes...

I seriously don't see how people just don't SEE us to be honest... I always see other bikes on the road, when riding or when driving my cage... it must all boil down to paying ATTENTION...

Cell phones just need to be outlawed on the road, as well as older people driving, AND a motorcycle awareness course needs to be part of the standard driving instruction for new riders...

Tonight I almost got rear ended in my cage, as this lady behind me, yacking away on her cell phone, was putting on lotion or some crap on her hands... car in front of me braked and I braked, and she almost PLOWED into me... lucky all the damage would have been done on HER end, as my rear bumper and tow hitch would take the impact... but can only imagine what that would have been like on my bike, as she WOULD HAVE hit me, and hit me HARD...

We HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING EVERYONE!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I admit that I see bikes much more since I started riding a few years ago and took the MSF class. Never knew there were so many bikes around me until then. But the aggressive, get out of my way attitude of most drivers today is mainly the problem. And if something doesnt happen more bikers will pay with their lives. If we can get over a 1000 members on this site we can get something going to send to our govt officials so we can at least have stiff penalties for those who injure motorcyclist due to negligent or dangerous behavior.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bullie said:
I admit that I see bikes much more since I started riding a few years ago and took the MSF class. Never knew there were so many bikes around me until then. But the aggressive, get out of my way attitude of most drivers today is mainly the problem. And if something doesnt happen more bikers will pay with their lives. If we can get over a 1000 members on this site we can get something going to send to our govt officials so we can at least have stiff penalties for those who injure motorcyclist due to negligent or dangerous behavior.
I really think that if people were PUNISHED more for their actions, then they would be more careful... these days, punishments are so WEAK if you ask me...

Some dumb driver can say "I didn't see the motorcycle coming as I turned left in front of it"... get away with NO FINE, just having their insurance pay the claim... and who gets hurt in the process, US!!!

Now, if a driver was fined HEAVILY for something like that, even so far as considering it vehicular battery, or something bad sounding... would get a LOT more respect from those on the road...

·
Registered
898 Posts
BigBen said:
I really think that if people were PUNISHED more for their actions, then they would be more careful... these days, punishments are so WEAK if you ask me...

Some dumb driver can say "I didn't see the motorcycle coming as I turned left in front of it"... get away with NO FINE, just having their insurance pay the claim... and who gets hurt in the process, US!!!

Now, if a driver was fined HEAVILY for something like that, even so far as considering it vehicular battery, or something bad sounding... would get a LOT more respect from those on the road...
It's all about reprocussions....if there are'nt any they don't even think about it....if someone pulls them out of their cage and puts a few pump knots on thier head they might just maybe pay more attention next time....

khrome

·
Registered
572 Posts
khrome13 said:
It's all about reprocussions....if there are'nt any they don't even think about it....if someone pulls them out of their cage and puts a few pump knots on thier head they might just maybe pay more attention next time....

khrome
Yeah, and if we did that, we would be in a steel cage, that we can't easily get out of :(

Sucks they get away with it :(

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Bullie said:
I admit that I see bikes much more since I started riding a few years ago and took the MSF class. Never knew there were so many bikes around me until then. But the aggressive, get out of my way attitude of most drivers today is mainly the problem. And if something doesnt happen more bikers will pay with their lives. If we can get over a 1000 members on this site we can get something going to send to our govt officials so we can at least have stiff penalties for those who injure motorcyclist due to negligent or dangerous behavior.
BTW We have about 1250 members!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
BTW We have about 1250 members!
We have around 1250 members, and I know the other boards out there have at least this number, if not tons more...

Imagine if we all got together, had a petition go around, all wrote the President together, or did something...

Maybe we could get noticed out there... if nothing else... get a story done on things from OUR side... covered by a big name news agency, that people actually watch....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts