M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was runnin about 4200 r's 3rd gear and the housing behind L/S chrome cover,which contains the ring &pinion coming off the counter shaft broke in half.looks like the 4 bolts holding the shaft housing to this aluminium colored housing broke right in half

G

·
How fast does that equate to? I believe that would be pretty fast. Did you eat it? Are you okay? I would think it would all go to heck pretty quickly. Have you done any mods that required you to remove any of that before or do you just believe that it was a failure of the bolts? Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I've have had drive shaft driven bikes since 1982..(Honda Magna) and have never experienced 1 single tranny problem...never not once !
This is very odd.....what were you doing ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
J R said:
Yes please post some pic,s so we all can benefit and learn from this :doorag:
::) isnt this the second post from the same guy about the same issue with no resolution, clear explination or pics, as well as the same one that does not respond to his own post???  I beileve this may be another poser/troll?????  or did I miss somthing here?

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg40379#msg40379

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
he's only made 4 posts total and 2 of em were about his mysterious shaft breakage ::) i say troll... till he responds

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay, I'll chime in. I vote troll as well, he's just wasting space.......
Where is the moderator when you need them :cop:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I vote troll!!!!! If not prove it. Would think if he was riding and things fell apart like that he would have some road rash to show as well. Come on buddy prove us all wrong!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but this is the 2nd time he spoke on it and still no pics. something could of came loose, i highly doubt it just broke.

·
Registered
600 Posts
BMW109 said:
I was runnin about 4200 r's 3rd gear and the housing behind L/S chrome cover,which contains the ring &pinion coming off the counter shaft broke in half.looks like the 4 bolts holding the shaft housing to this aluminium colored housing broke right in half
He never said, in either post, that it was the M109R shaft that broke. Maybe he wandered into the wrong forum :confused:

G

·
eo1sc said:
Okay, I'll chime in. I vote troll as well, he's just wasting space.......
Where is the moderator when you need them :cop:
He is sleeping in the mtns of AZ, I should be doing the same. It will be an early morning for me.

TAZ

1 - 20 of 27 Posts